Thread: Umarex pistol repairs

Umarex pistol repairs

Hi there,

i was just wondering if anyone knew where i could send/take one of my pistols to get a repair/service
    somethings happend to the trigger on my 1911 and its completely locked solid i would like to send it somewhere but
    the gunshop i bought it from closed down about 3 year's ago now
    would appreciate it if anyone had any advice on what to do? as i dont really just wanna buy another this one has been sitting in a draw for years!

Thanks

Josh

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Have you considered having a go yourself? They are not all that complicated, and there are lots of guides online.
    Good deals with these members

I have done quite a few of these, and not a huge mystery once you get into it. As mentioned you could try it yourself, the 1911 is one of the easier Umarex pistols to work on compared to the Beretta, and can be made a smoother operator with a couple of mods.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I can find an exploded diagram but no physical images of the 1911 apart if anyone has any links or anything Id be quite appreciative
    I was going to try this weekend but I thought it would be good to have it serviced anyway since it's been in a draw for so many years

Thanks
    Josh

Get your self over to UBC ( Umarex Boys Club ) - easy to join and then have a look at the technical section and you will find a great guide with pictures from a guy called Jeff

Cheers for that found the guide looks like I will be attempting it my self let's hope it doesn't go wrong haha

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Joshp1994 View Post
    Cheers for that found the guide looks like I will be attempting it my self let's hope it doesn't go wrong haha

Josh
    Tip to make easier assembly. Put a small dob of silicone glue on each end of the trigger lock spring. You can also use a thick sticky grease but I find silicone better. To find out what is the trigger lock and spring look on Chambers Colt 1911 diagram.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD