Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Large Can a Rat Get?

Someone may have let loose a capybara. They can weigh up to 180 lbs Worlds largest rodent, 2-3lbs at birth

One that got away

Was out in a wood with a stream - caught the til end of something BIG and it was a rat - rump disappeared first behind a tree then the tail took it seemed ages to catch up ....it was HUGE - the tail at business end was a good 1" thick . I and mate spent ages searching for traces and footprints - nope it had been walking the shallow stream ..... Monster Rats with Brains !

During the mid '90's I was the Engineering Manager at an edible oil refinery in the East End of London - one of our main products was LARD along with Hydrogenated Vegetable fats. The refinery no longer exists, replaced instead by multi million pound apartments!

With all of the aging pipe work leaking and general spills of the Lard and fat products, the local rat population of what was the East India Dock area, were very well fed and in fantastic condition.

Perfect sleek fur, with a very Mink like sheen...and generally the size of CATS.

Got some down our workshop. When I manage to get them into a safe shooting position I can measure them if you like