Thread: Venom Mach 1 & 2 Rifles

Venom Mach 1 & 2 Rifles

Hi All

I have recently purchased my first full Custom Venom Arms Varminter air rifle and have a building interest in the Venom Arms Company rifles and products.

I fully understand most of the details about Venom and used to buy items from them back in the day at the Gun Barrel Works and Venomac shops but never brought a rifle from them originally, however I don't have much of an understanding about their Mach 1 and Mach 2 rifles.

If anyone can give me a brief history, I would be grateful.

Regards

David

Mach's 1 & 2

Hi David, you'll probably get good 'input' from my pal Mach 1.5, i'm sure if he see's this post he'll help you.
    Regards Tony.

Tony

Thank you for this.

Regards

David

Here's a link to some pictorial information on Venom: http://mynetimages.com/album/Trouble.../Webley-Venom/
    The Venom Longbow has been sold.

Venom

The Mach 1 was a break barrel designed to do 28 ft lbs for the USA market. 17 made in total. The Mach 2 was an underlever and only 9 made. AA copied it to produce the Prosport. If you need any pics just ask. Mach 1.5

I am absolutely sure they are as fantastic as the pictures. Shame so few were done but then there wasn't much of a market for FAC rated springers over here in the UK.
    I remember two high end similar rifles done with best wood and selling for £2,200.... selling eventually. Most of the costs were in the woodwork. That was the cost for the walnut and chequering. For the right price that level could be done today but it would take deep pockets.

Fine, elegant looking rifles thats for sure.

Mach's

Of Course Venom did a few of the 17 for us in the UK. I owned number 11 back in the day. Venom never made any money on these hence they were dropped due to costs. The best break barrel ever made...heavy but the best. They also made one in a varminter stock. If you do find one for sale!!! BUY IT. Mach 1.5

mach 1

i had the pleasure of shooting the mach 1 and the mach 2 and hw 85 sidewinder last week and i was in heaven the mach 1 at 28 was cream the best air rifles ive ever shot if you ever get the chance to own them buy them at any cost there worth it