Thread: Diana prices.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    The break barrel rifles are lovely though aren't they?

Do they do the 34 Compact in .177?
    They do (or did) produce it in .177 but I only see .22s listed in the UK, currently.
    I tend to buy my Diana's used as you can get real bargains.I regret not getting a new 34 Premium when they were £270 ish though.

Im suprised to see how much the prices have gone up lately, i was looking at the smk product magazine and was looking to see how much tbe diana stutzen was and if i remember i think it was £599, i may be wrong but it totally put me off!

They need to have a word with themselves.

I also like the 280 carbine but that was also over priced in my opinion.

It is not only the German stuff that have shot up. Look at the Chinese stuff. The PCPs are all in the £400~£500 now. It makes £750.00 for an HW 100 seem like a bargain.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by Lone wolf 2LI View Post
    Im suprised to see how much the prices have gone up lately, i was looking at the smk product magazine and was looking to see how much tbe diana stutzen was and if i remember i think it was £599, i may be wrong but it totally put me off!

They need to have a word with themselves.

I also like the 280 carbine but that was also over priced in my opinion.
    I paid £365.99 in advance for a 430L, now that's on par if not a bit cheaper than the competition but that was not with SMK it was a local gun shop via EBs when the 2weeks waiting time increased in stages to over 2 months at earliest I cancelled mainly due to the fact that I had ordered a stock to for the 430L and he needed the action, so I changed my order to a HW 97 and will have the stock made for this , (so much for wanting something different)

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Does anyone think the 98k is overpriced

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Does anyone think the 98k is overpriced
    You are paying for a stock which you either like or hate the 95 seems a much better option

When EB took over as importers Diana prices were a refreshing sight after the ridiculous prices SMK had set as RRP. Now they seem to have gone down the same route. In fact some of their prices are now more expensive on a few of the models than SMK are still selling for.
    I ordered a 340 N-TEC Compact Pro and gave up waiting. I did however buy a R8 Baser (350 N-TEC) for the same money, and couldn't be happier. I've still waited for over three months for the Bullseye ZR mount which still isn't in.
    The Yanks are complaining they can no longer get the Compact versions of the 340's.
    Even the German sites have had an increase in prices. They also seem not to be able to get some of the models they use to stock.
    As has been said, the website has been down for months. What the hell GSG is doing to the brand is any ones guess. What ever it is, it certainly isn't trying to get market penetration.

secretagentmole Guest
    Not only Diana, my old favourites Hatsan have shot up in price, way beyond any dip in the £. So much so that the Coyote is now nearly cheaper than a bare AT44, the AT is now way overpriced, I mean who is going to pay £329 for an AT44 when for £389 you can get the Coyote, which is made in Britain by BSA?

They are pricing themselves out of the market. There are now more competitors at the bottom end of the market than there were.
    Last edited by secretagentmole; 27-05-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by BALD ERIC View Post
    You are paying for a stock which you either like or hate the 95 seems a much better option
    I don't think it's the stock that you are paying for as the 460 is more expensive with the same action and a sporter stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I don't think it's the stock that you are paying for as the 460 is more expensive with the same action and a sporter stock.
    ? I was talking about the hw 98 .I dont know what other action they use the 460 in but its not the 430L witch is more like 440th I expect the 460 is more like the 470th