Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diana prices.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    The break barrel rifles are lovely though aren't they?

Do they do the 34 Compact in .177?
    I reckon if you get a nice 34 that is running right they are hard to beat

Anyone know if I would be braking any copyright rules if I posted a old airgunworld 99 Vs 34 article?

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Does anyone think the 98k is overpriced
    You are paying for a stock which you either like or hate the 95 seems a much better option

When EB took over as importers Diana prices were a refreshing sight after the ridiculous prices SMK had set as RRP. Now they seem to have gone down the same route. In fact some of their prices are now more expensive on a few of the models than SMK are still selling for.
    I ordered a 340 N-TEC Compact Pro and gave up waiting. I did however buy a R8 Baser (350 N-TEC) for the same money, and couldn't be happier. I've still waited for over three months for the Bullseye ZR mount which still isn't in.
    The Yanks are complaining they can no longer get the Compact versions of the 340's.
    Even the German sites have had an increase in prices. They also seem not to be able to get some of the models they use to stock.
    As has been said, the website has been down for months. What the hell GSG is doing to the brand is any ones guess. What ever it is, it certainly isn't trying to get market penetration.

secretagentmole Guest
    Not only Diana, my old favourites Hatsan have shot up in price, way beyond any dip in the £. So much so that the Coyote is now nearly cheaper than a bare AT44, the AT is now way overpriced, I mean who is going to pay £329 for an AT44 when for £389 you can get the Coyote, which is made in Britain by BSA?

They are pricing themselves out of the market. There are now more competitors at the bottom end of the market than there were.
    Last edited by secretagentmole; 27-05-2017 at 01:03 PM.

BAR list some N-tecs and the Mauser at good prices.

Quote Originally Posted by BALD ERIC View Post
    You are paying for a stock which you either like or hate the 95 seems a much better option
    I don't think it's the stock that you are paying for as the 460 is more expensive with the same action and a sporter stock.

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    My local (Park Street Guns) don't stock them, but they were able to order one at a competitive price. It's always worth asking.

These guys aren't too far from you. Not huge airgun dealer, so maybe they will do a deal. They stock Diana.

http://www.thequartermaster.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I don't think it's the stock that you are paying for as the 460 is more expensive with the same action and a sporter stock.
    ? I was talking about the hw 98 .I dont know what other action they use the 460 in but its not the 430L witch is more like 440th I expect the 460 is more like the 470th

It's alright saying this dealer or that has Diana's in stock, but by the time you start paying postage and RFD fees, it's a lot of money for old rope IMO, which pushes the price up. As for dealers willing to order you one. I know, but if EB is waiting for their order to be sent from Germany because they don't have that model in stock, you still won't get what you want. This was the problem I had.

Edgar Bros knew the problems: high prices and lack of distribution and promotion. The brand has been on the back burner for years.
    Not sure if they're exactly making headway.

The shop I use mostly is Ronnie Sunshines which has recently started to stock Dianas. I went there to buy a Diana 470TH and came home with a Diana 56TH instead. I am absolutely chuffed to bits with it. I also think they must have charged me the wrong price, because since I brought it, it has gone up £110. I can't think that Brexit or Donald Trump would have increased the price that much.
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Quote Originally Posted by BALD ERIC View Post
    ? I was talking about the hw 98 .I dont know what other action they use the 460 in but its not the 430L witch is more like 440th I expect the 460 is more like the 470th
    Fair enough I thought you was talking about the 98k, as although the 460 does have a nice sporter stock, the 98k looks like the novelty stock would be more expensive, but for some reason its not

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    These guys aren't too far from you. Not huge airgun dealer, so maybe they will do a deal. They stock Diana.

http://www.thequartermaster.co.uk/
    Thanks for that, I never even knew they existed
    Good deals with these members

But do you frequent The Quartermistress next door?

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    But do you frequent The Quartermistress next door?
    Well, my missus is only about 5'1" if that counts?
    Good deals with these members