Thread: A bunny hunt this evening

A bunny hunt this evening

as title, there is a wood i shoot in an some big gardens that back on to the wood, anyway one of the property owners saw me (on purpose by me ) in the wood an ask if i would mine having a go at their Bunny`s ,, my pleasure i responded.So i hope they (the bunny`s) play this evening. Have sorted all my light weight gear out, the only question is ,"when is hot,too hot"?
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

would you go out this heat with a fur coat on? unless you really had too that is.

later in the evening seems to be better or early early morning.

I went out with my evolution last night about 8pm . I only got one bunny but even then it was still very hot at 10pm. they were only just starting to come out then but it was too dark to to see them with my scope.

Same here...

930pm only just started showing but mr fox was out n about.

Its like seeing a seal when fishing.
    Daystate Regal xl .177 / Hawke niteeye 6-24x50irsf...
    Weihrauch HW97 .22 tbt kit / Hawke sidewinder 30 10×42...

2 ferrets and a net...

ok Good point you two. yep just the one,

I started at 6.50 and finished 9.20. I got 10, it was likely watership down. Would been almost double if it weren't so windy. Hadn't been round the farm for a few weeks, amazing how quick they breed. Plus the farmer had cut the grass and I'm sure the smell of cut grass is like crack to rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by jigs View Post
    I started at 6.50 and finished 9.20. I got 10, it was likely watership down. Would been almost double if it weren't so windy. Hadn't been round the farm for a few weeks, amazing how quick they breed. Plus the farmer had cut the grass and I'm sure the smell of cut grass is like crack to rabbits.
    Excellent, just goes to show , no two days are thew same .ect.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I've just got back in from an evening/night at my stables/small farm permission, there are no rabbits there due to the chalky ground but bagged a nice plump wood pigeon, 4 feral pigeons from the barn and a rat. I was happy with that
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I've just got back in from an evening/night at my stables/small farm permission, there are no rabbits there due to the chalky ground but bagged a nice plump wood pigeon, 4 feral pigeons from the barn and a rat. I was happy with that
    Nice going.