Thread: Dialing in Help/Advice

Dialing in Help/Advice

Hi, I have brought an Airmax 30 SF 8-32×50 AMX IR, straight out the box straight onto my HW97 and zeroed at 30 yards, slowly getting used to the eye relief as its very sensitive but knocking down 50 yard targets using mil dots and hold over.

I thought I would try dialing in instead of holdovers, so jumped onto Chairgun printed out my clicks and this is where is all goes wrong, I can only turn the top turret a ¼ of the way around anti clockwise and about 3 ½ turns the other?

Do I need to pack the front of the scope to bring it up? To there is more turns antis clockwise?

Also sorry to ask but what is a click, the markings on the scope turret go from 0 to 1 with 3 markers in between so am I right in thinking they are ¼ markings? So 1 click equals 4 marks? Of a click is 1 click?

Help needed please

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Packing the scope will help to centralise the ret, but dialling in on cheap scopes isn't always a precision affair. I'd get the hang of the mil dots rather than that.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

If you're OK for left/right - get yourself some Sportsmatch ATP61 height-adjustable mounts, center your scope at 50 yards, and dial away.

I have a set with my new (massive) scope, and they're great. Much easier to zero than the fully adjustable one-piece version I had before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    If you're OK for left/right - get yourself some Sportsmatch ATP61 height-adjustable mounts, center your scope at 50 yards, and dial away.

I have a set with my new (massive) scope, and they're great. Much easier to zero than the fully adjustable one-piece version I had before.
    Thanks for the feedback

After reading some of the tips I took the Airmax scope out the mounts, re-fitted the mounts to my HW97 and re-fitted the scope with a single shim at the rear made from a small section from a yogurt pot, I took it to the range today where I re-zeroed at 30 yards with very little adjustment on the turret leaving me a good 1 ½ turns on the turret, I then set about moving up the range targets from 25 yards to 55 yards using the clicks from Chairgun and they were spot on every time! I did the 15 lanes at Rough Wedge today with a great score dialling, it’s so nice been able to use the centre of the cross hairs at any mag all the way up to 32! I will never hold over again, just need to label up my scope wheel as the measurements are few and far between, thanks for the advice. I’m now a dialler!

I cant get chair gun to work for me and my hw97 using HnN FTT .22. With a hawke sidewinder 10x42.

What pellets do you use?
    What ballistic coeffie ent do you input?
    What fpe is your 97 producing?

Thanks
    Daystate Regal xl .177 / Hawke niteeye 6-24x50irsf...
    Weihrauch HW97 .22 tbt kit / Hawke sidewinder 30 10×42...

2 ferrets and a net...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose75 View Post
    / I’m now a dialler!
    Nice one mate.

Sounds like your shim has brought the scope pretty close to center, and fair enough, it saved you money on fancy mounts.

And you must have measured your scope height accurately to get good correlation with Chairgun.

Have you read the BFTA scope & technical skills manuals? Well worth a look: http://fekete-moro.hu/bfta-manuals-updated/

If you're fairly new to FT shooting, you might well change / modify your gun & techniques as time goes on.

How are you finding the '97 for FT?

I have one that I'm setting up for target shooting myself. More weight = less recoil.

ATB - Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Nice one mate.

Sounds like your shim has brought the scope pretty close to center, and fair enough, it saved you money on fancy mounts.

And you must have measured your scope height accurately to get good correlation with Chairgun.

Have you read the BFTA scope & technical skills manuals? Well worth a look: http://fekete-moro.hu/bfta-manuals-updated/

If you're fairly new to FT shooting, you might well change / modify your gun & techniques as time goes on.

How are you finding the '97 for FT?

I have one that I'm setting up for target shooting myself. More weight = less recoil.

ATB - Phil
    I only shoot for fun seated on a cushion, have never tried any other shoot positions yet, love the 97 so accurate