Thread: What to do with an ugly HW95 stock!

What to do with an ugly HW95 stock!

Built myself up a HW95k in .25, loving everything about it bar the look of the stock.
    Im a lefty, and its a later ambi stock, with the X looking checkering on the front end, ugly! (like this https://www.ronniesunshines.com/medi...5/h/w/hw95.jpg)

Not going to spend 200 on a LH custom stock.

Honestly thinking about taking a router to the fore end, routing out the checkering, and dropping an inlay in there. Anyone see any issues with this, or got any other ideas to home modify my stock?

Thanks!
    Thanks - Geoff.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Cheapest way is to have yourself sealed in an isolation tank with a spotlight focussed on a pic of an HW35 taped to the inside of the lid. After two or three minutes of this torture you will look on your 95 with newfound joy.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
    Built myself up a HW95k in .25, loving everything about it bar the look of the stock.
    Im a lefty, and its a later ambi stock, with the X looking checkering on the front end, ugly! (like this https://www.ronniesunshines.com/medi...5/h/w/hw95.jpg)

Honestly thinking about taking a router to the fore end, routing out the checkering, and dropping an inlay in there. Anyone see any issues with this, or got any other ideas to home modify my stock?

Thanks!
    I agree with you. The Weihrauch marketing department went insane when it thought it should cut the name of the rifle into the stock like it was some kind of Nike trainer.

The only solution is to attack the stock and correct its aesthetic sins, or to buy a secondhand non-cheekpiece ambi stock like the one they used to fit to the HW85. That is the most elegant of the 85/95 stocks anyway.

lol, my HW35 is a nice walnut Luxus which I recently re-finished.

I kinda like the feel of the ambi 95 stock, just a shame about the X checkering.
    Even the HW57 stock has a nicer look, that had the HW logo in it?
    Thanks - Geoff.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post

Thanks!

You could go old school and fit an early HW85 stock, It's a straight swap and in my opinion, Better looking than the modern HW timber!

Chris Hough has plenty of them that came from Hillers supply after he retired, True ambi too as there's no cheek piece on either side!!

Left side

Right side

Another alternative is to get a custom stock made, I've some friends that have had stunning stocks made by a chap called Warren Edwards, Very tasty they are too

Then there's Custom Stocks of Sheffield too that make some nice patterns for the 95

Thinking on, There's a chap called Geordie on one of the other forums, He makes some beauties too!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

The HW85 stock looks perfect, how much will one of these set me back?

PS, I do have a Gary Cane stock I had commissioned for my custom nickle HW85k. Wasnt looking to spend a lot on a .25 plinker!
    Thanks - Geoff.

If you are not looking to spend big money ,
    Why not ..... take the stock off , do a little bit of rubbing and customise using a blow torch .
    Sounds drastic I know , but done properly and then oiled , they look great.
    I've seen it done , incidentally to a HW35 !!!

I've just tried the blowtorch idea on my 97K synthetic stock, and I can tell you, it's turned out a right flipping mess...

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    I've just tried the blowtorch idea on my 97K synthetic stock, and I can tell you, it's turned out a right flipping mess...
    You're funny, you is.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    You're funny, you is.
    Honest Tone, it looks like a Salvador Dali stock!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Oops sorry

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    The original HW 95 beech stock although plain is a well balanced piece of kit that supports the action very well. And lets face it, the rabbits really don't care about stock wood when you shoot them.
    “An airgun or two”………