Thread: Webley Venom sidewinder - How to remove the barrel?

Webley Venom sidewinder - How to remove the barrel?

Hi,

Trying to work out how you remove the barrel on the above. It is 10 shot and a pain in the ass!!

Removed all screws I can see -3 at top and 3 directly underneath. How do I remove the block from the barrel as I can't get it to move?

Any help would be really appreciated.

I am asuming that you have removed the barrel band and cylinder, after removing the 3 grub screws and thier locking screws, you need to clamp the barrel in a soft jawed vice and unscrew it anti clockwise, should only be a couple of turns. Be very carefull when refitting that you dont damage the barrel seal or the thread in the block as it is shallow and easily overtightened. Hope this helps.

Stu.

Nice one for that - Yes ,had done all that but was unsure if the barrel unscrewed or if there was another screw hiding somewhere.

Thanks for the help.
    Ben

I have removed all 6 grub screws, and the barrel is easy to unscrew by hand for about 3/4 of a turn, but then it locks up. I am definitely turning it the correct way, as the barrel moves out by about 1 mm before it sticks. Should I force it, or have I missed something?