Thread: HFT springer.

HFT springer.

Which springer for HFT? Obviously there are the usual suspects - tx200, hw97/77, pro sport, etc.
    I haven't shot competitively since my exit from FT not knowing the rules/format of HFT, would one ever be expected to shoot a lane with two prone position targets? If so, wouldn't a side lever be easier to handle for reloading in the prone position?
    Just wondering.

Hw 98.

A.G

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I always found ranging (by eye) from prone quite tricky. Standing up much easier, so no need to try to reload whilst actually prone.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I'd certainly be adding the HW98 and Walther LGV to any short list, as well as a few Diana models.

I had a go briefly a few years ago with one of my 95s, which performed well.

I'd also be very tempted to have a try out with a HW99. Nice and light; compact and easy. Balance / weight could be set up to your tastes. And every bit as accurate as the more "obvious" choices and with very forgiving manners.

I have also often wondered how that little jewel, the HW30S, would perform in the HFT field. With the max range at 45 yards - do-able? Windier conditions might well prove its nemesis, but it's such an easy and forgiving rifle to shoot accurately. It'd be intriguing to see how one would perform out there with a top shot.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

You only get one target per lane in hft ukahft rules that is

I have a very nice sidelever target springer that I could sell you for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by poth View Post
    You only get one target per lane in hft ukahft rules that is
    Thankyou, that makes gun choice far simlpler. I'm intending on using my trusted pro elite. I just found it a little awkward to reload in the prone position.

One thing worth considering is how well you can hold the gun for standing unsupported shots that what made me sell my tx full length and I even find my 97 too front heavy the txhc is just right though.
    But then some like front heavy guns , just makes me wobble more.

Hft springers

Hi charub ,
    Been doing hft for a few years now and most springer s are hw 97k s or tx200s mark 1and 2 and the odd txhc . But just sometimes you see someone with a lgv or some sort of break barrel . I use a hw 97k
    Hth , atb mark .

All depends on your preference for weight bias, mine would be an 'HC' with a light scope and try to swing the weight bias to the rear by adding some form of weight to the rear either between stock and pad or by drilling out the stock behind the pad and inserting a weight into said hole, that's just my preference though !...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Thank you everybody for your answers.
    I'm more than happy with the handling of my pro elite, a little weighty for some but I like a heavy rifle for competitive shooting - I find it steadier for positional shots.
    My main concern was cocking and loading a break barrel whilst laying down. Now I know it's only one target per lane it's not such a problem.
    Whenever plinking in the garden I only ever shoot standing or sitting in the FT position on a bean bag - old habits die hard. I'm really having to force myself to lay prone!

I have a highly modified HW95k in a Gary Cane stock I use for HFT, just prefer the break barrel for loading in the different positions.
    Bought a Theoben Sirocco GP last year, its as good, if not better than the modded 95, the sirocco is amazing, trouble is I have so much money in the 95, im going to stick with that...
    Thanks - Geoff.