Thread: Posted Pics

Posted Pics

I have been comparing number of visits to posts to number of openings of links to pics on those posts and it is only around 25%. Cannot understand why that is, any ideas ? Perhaps visitors are worried about opening links ?

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Were they Photobucket links? Many folks can't be arsed to go through the rigmarole of all the popups etc on Photobucket, so often don't bother to click. Myself included.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post

Were they Photobucket links? Many folks can't be arsed to go through the rigmarole of all the popups etc on Photobucket, so often don't bother to click. Myself included.
    Ditto.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

The Pop Ups ruin a very useful site.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I can't view anything with Photobucket just get a blank screen, thought it was just me!

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    I've found Photobucket increasingly hard to use because of the pop ups and other adverts on the site, to the point now, that I use Flikr for all my own photos.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Stopped using the bucket last year as I found imgur far better with instant response. If you looked at my posts you would have seen its not photobucket.

Baz

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Perhaps people open the post 'cos it might be interesting, but then realise that it is not so don't open the link?
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

I also hate phitobucket. So real bad pop ups on that site. Unless i am looking to buy i avoid it like the plague.

Haven't seen a good reason yet, this is nothing to do with photobucket, which hasn't been used.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    Perhaps people open the post 'cos it might be interesting to them, but then realise that it is not so don't open the link?
    That would be my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I have been comparing number of visits to posts to number of openings of links to pics on those posts and it is only around 25%. Cannot understand why that is, any ideas ? Perhaps visitors are worried about opening links ?

Baz
    I never open links which are posted with no accompanying explanatory text. Some folk actually communicate by link alone, which to me smacks of laziness and I think if they can't be arsed to write at least a few words of explanation, then I can't be arsed to open the link.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Instagram

Has anyone here tried instagram. A free app. (Admittedly you need a smart phone). And you take pics from your camera and post. It can be a private site if you want (only those invited) or you can have as many different profiles as you require. I have one dedicated to my air rifles. Once you follow someone you get every post they put up on your master storyline. So if everyone here had an instagram page and followed each other, everytime you wanted to share a pic the whole group would get it. Just a thought. If anyone's interested go into instagram and type in the search bar - " @blackntan64 " no need for the inverted commas.
    https://www.walnut.black