Thread: Falcon Optics M18+ 4-18x44 SFP? or any alternatives?

Falcon Optics M18+ 4-18x44 SFP? or any alternatives?

Looking for a scope to fit my hw100 with 30mm medium mounts, looking at the Falcon Optics M18+ 4-18x44 SFP which I get get for £180, any comments on this scope or recommendations for alternatives?
    Scope is for general use, plinking, HFT and hunting.

Cheer's Nick.

Hi Nick,

Good scopes for the money, I have a 4*14 I think you are looking at the better one 4*18, and the one I should have got. The only issue I have with them is they are quite heavy and the turrets are big and not lockable, however they are stiff and don't move in transit. Glass quality is very good for the money and worth every penny.

Allan.

Thank you for the reply,

Never used a FFP scope before, I know the differences, is it worth paying the extra £80 for the FFP model?

Cheer's Nick.

Nick,

When i got mine it was on offer at Uttings for £199, so yes it was good value however it's not on offer at the moment I suppose if you get he opportunity to look at some alternatives then that's the best bet to see what else is out there for the same price range. Happy with mine though but I should have got he *18.

Cheers Allan.

Falcon m18

Hi I have had a falcon m18 for about 6weeks. I have taken it off my wildcat recently because it has the moa reticule its very similar to the b20 ret.I use my rifle for hunting and have found I can't see the mill dot lines against vegetation. I will probly be selling it and get the enhanced mildot ret available for the same scope. The only down side of these scopes is the weight they will add approx 2 pound to the weight of a rifle, don't even think of putting one on a hw100 full length. You need a light gun such as wildcat or AA s510 if you hunt.
    mk2 rapid.22