Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, who's going to buy themselves a Leishy?

So, who's going to buy themselves a Leishy?

I watched Lloyd's unboxing video yesterday.

All very interesting and different and then he mentioned the price.

£1,095. Yes One thousand and ninety five Pounds.

I almost blew an O-ring. Quite a sensitive one

Is/has anybody handed over so much cash for so little gun?

Tempted

Well I've been thinking about one for a while now they look dammed good. I had a play with a Gen 1 a while back and loved it. I've noticed that they dnt come in a case now and some of the bits are plastic shame that all metal looks and feels better. I had saved up the cash for one until the bloody boiler decided to commit suicide last Thursday needless to say the wife will in no way shape or form use the kettle for hot water and or hot water bottles if needed. To be fair she did say that I could still buy one but that she would have it in the divorce settlement needless to say I bottled it and gave in.

And yes I have been tempted to assist her down the stairs and under the patio but sadly I dnt fancey 12 years in nick.

I paid a little bit less than that for an Edgun Lelya a couple of years ago - if the Leishy is only as good as that was, there'll be a lot of happy buyers

All of the above.

I'd love one - but I'm being sensible. Or trying.
    Had a play with one at BAR and although feeling a bit too light, it would be absolutely perfect for what I'd want such a rifle (if you can call it that) for.

Must resist.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Not I...

A small gun but big in performance. It looks a proper 'poachers gun' and I'm smitten but at over a grand????????

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    I saw a Russian You Tube video and they were saying that an increase in costs/exchange rates etc is the reason the newer ones aren't coming with the case...which is a shame.

They certainly look cool but I was astonished at the price, I'd defo have to try one before buying.
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lagomorpheus View Post
    A small gun but big in performance. It looks a proper 'poachers gun' and I'm smitten but at over a grand????????
    Yes I will second that should be around £300 then I will have one

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    Yes I will second that should be around £300 then I will have one
    For that money, I'd have 2 ... in belt holsters

All of the above.

Too many clique rifles on the market at grossly inflated prices. Are they really worth the extra? Not for me.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    Is there a reason they are so expensive??? They look cool but not 1k cool.
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

clunge is offline Buys suspicious amounts of hand sanitiser
    They are much admired and very expensive. But if there were a way of making them much cheaper, with a bigger margin, then presumably manufacturers would spring up and do so.

I'm not sure what a clique rifle is. Perhaps you meant niche rifles. Leshiy is not designed as a high-volume mass production jobbie. So the design and production overheads will be high.

There seems to be a niche for a compact, foldable, very light rifle that you can easily stash away whilst out and about, or leave in the boot of your car.

Leshiy appears to fill that niche admirably.

I bought one and it's a great little thing, truly tiny and built like a tank.

Accuracy is just as good as my Daysate Saxon and my HW100 were, the trigger as standard is a bit crap, but can easily be modded to give you a second stage feel which vastly improves things. I have also changed the reg to a Huma modified one which give you a better shot count (almost 60 shots before it drops off the reg) and also changed the pistol grip for a longer version which suits my hand better.

Worth every penny in my opinion as its so different to everything else on the market

Andy..

Watched the intro video with interest ... yes, quite unique. The only thing I have reservations about is the cocking mechanism; having to 'break' the action is strange but then again break barrel springers work well and even the BSA Spitfire pcp was a break barrel. It's just the ergonomics of the required action that concerns me, especially when fitted with a scope etc, but I say this before seeing one. I might well change my mind if and when I get to see and try one in practice.

Interesting ...
    Cheers, Phil

So, who's going to buy themselves a Leishy?

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    I bought one and it's a great little thing, truly tiny and built like a tank.

Accuracy is just as good as my Daysate Saxon and my HW100 were, the trigger as standard is a bit crap, but can easily be modded to give you a second stage feel which vastly improves things. I have also changed the reg to a Huma modified one which give you a better shot count (almost 60 shots before it drops off the reg) and also changed the pistol grip for a longer version which suits my hand better.

Worth every penny in my opinion as its so different to everything else on the market

Andy..
    Hmm, crap standard trigger & needing an aftermarket reg isn't what I want to hear about a gun that expensive! saying that i'd have one if I won it in a comp or won the pools.