Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, who's going to buy themselves a Leishy?

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Hmm, crap standard trigger & needing an aftermarket reg isn't what I want to hear about a gun that expensive! saying that i'd have one if I won it in a comp or won the pools.
    Well it didn't need the Huma reg, plenty of shots as standard to be honest, but I do like to tinker

Standard trigger is still crap though

Quote Originally Posted by clunge View Post
    They are much admired and very expensive. But if there were a way of making them much cheaper, with a bigger margin, then presumably manufacturers would spring up and do so.

I'm not sure what a clique rifle is. Perhaps you meant niche rifles. Leshiy is not designed as a high-volume mass production jobbie. So the design and production overheads will be high.

There seems to be a niche for a compact, foldable, very light rifle that you can easily stash away whilst out and about, or leave in the boot of your car.

Leshiy appears to fill that niche admirably.
    Clique:- a small group of people who spend their time together and do not welcome other people into that group: This more lor less describes all of the bullpup guns on the market. Everyone thinks their choice is best.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

So it's £1100 and the trigger is crap? It should be match perfect with more adjustment than a WRC car's suspension. Just a complete rip-off that will still appeal to "those types" at the club.

clunge is offline Buys suspicious amounts of hand sanitiser
    Innovative guns seem to come up against a lot of resistance from "those types" at the club, and on the fora.

By the way, it's not a bullpup.

I don't have a Leshiy, but can see its attractions for some. Come on guys, we're all shooters. Can't we just see that different folks like different strokes?

I accept and embrace the fact that we all like different pistols and rifles and it's great that we do.

My objection is to the cost/performance ratio of this particular product. Surely we all agree that for £1100, the Leishy should be superb in all respects?

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    I accept and embrace the fact that we all like different pistols and rifles and it's great that we do.

My objection is to the cost/performance ratio of this particular product. Surely we all agree that for £1100, the Leishy should be superb in all respects?
    Beyond any Shadow of a doubt... It doesn't stop daystate though
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

link to unboxing ?

Looks good but I can't personally see the point as I have a FF10 which is a take down multi-shot and you don't have to bend the gun in half every time you need to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Beyond any Shadow of a doubt... It doesn't stop daystate though
    I should imagine talking to the manufacturer for after sales service is comparable as well. Equally difficult to decipher - one speaks Russian, the other utter gibberish!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Hmm, crap standard trigger & needing an aftermarket reg isn't what I want to hear about a gun that expensive! saying that i'd have one if I won it in a comp or won the pools.
    indeed...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

is it classed as a pistol?

clunge is offline Buys suspicious amounts of hand sanitiser
    Ted's Holdover has just published his Leshiy (+Connect) review on Youtube.

Entertaining - as always, he puts a lot of effort in to his reviews - and he also describes the rifle as niche.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Yiv-1K_sI

probably not for me

I could cope with price as you don't get many new guns under 1k nowadays, but I doubt very much that I would cope with folding my gun in half to cock it. I also belive that, it is in no way adjustable, so you could and up with a gun having the power of a pistol or even worse a section 1 firearm, that you can do nothing with. Having said that I have never shot one, maybe the experience makes it worthwhile, I hope those that do have them will enjoy them and tell us more about them.

Finally, not sure how Daystate came into this thread but for the record, I own several MK3's and have never had an issue at all, lucky maybe.

Ian
    Last edited by what barn door; 06-06-2017 at 08:35 PM. Reason: tYPO

For me, the Leshiy sets out to to be an ultra lightweight, compact and foldable hunting rig that can disappear into a backpack for a few days' trek into the woods, and achieves this goal admirably. There just isn't much out there that can claim the same dimensions, weight and power (in FAC equivalent of course) that the Leshiy can. Of course, there aren't a lot of us in the UK who could claim to use it as such a 'trail' rifle but in the US in particular, I could see this really gaining some traction.

Curiously, the etymology of the word 'leshiy' is a "tutelary spirit of the forests in Slavic folklore" which seems to indicate that the gun was conceived around this idea.