Thread: Sheridan Silver Streak .20

Sheridan Silver Streak .20

Just got in this nice pumper. Am I correct in calling it a CW with the Williams sight ? What do these sell for privately ?

Thanks Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Yup, CW.

I dunno, around £150?

Not keen on pumpers, too much hard work. Prefer gas power, I am gas powered, as my wife will confirm.

Baz

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I like that! I bought a brand new 392 earlier this year, it's a cracking rifle. I would like to find a nice .20 to go with it.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Model F was the CO2 version of the above. That is a rather nice Silver Streak you have there. Suggest £150 to £180. Being the nickel version and having the Williams peep sight is a plus.

Whats that on the end of the barrel Baz - An adaptor for a moderator?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Whats that on the end of the barrel Baz - An adaptor for a moderator?
    Yes Mark, has female thread half inch U.N.F.

Baz

Pics don't work for me but all Sheridan .20 worth £150 I have a pre 68 and love it power house for small light weight rifle......and accurate

that's a nice 80's rocker scope mounts are for a crosman (poo blocs)though would love a silver to go with my 2 c's and 2 c9a's Dan's

Fifty to two hundred

Please take the scope blocks off.They will cause the barrel to cylinder solder to crack and separate. Crosman seemed mostly to avoid this unfortunate way of fixing the barrel to the cylinder.Benjamin and Sheridan did not.And now many rifles are just coming to bits. ;-(

Quote Originally Posted by cinedux View Post
    Please take the scope blocks off.They will cause the barrel to cylinder solder to crack and separate. Crosman seemed mostly to avoid this unfortunate way of fixing the barrel to the cylinder.Benjamin and Sheridan did not.And now many rifles are just coming to bits. ;-(
    Collectors enamored by the Sheridans in US don't like to hear that, but I think you are correct. Some suspect overpumping of brass tube expands it and causes separation. Some say the sight clamping down? Bottom line is they saved weight with a thinner barrel and soldering it to the tube was supposed to strengthen it. Crosman used a thicker barrel and later steel.

Silver streak

The Sheridan in the picture is a late 80's, their are several features that denote this such as the short /high foresight & the drilled & taped receiver and the forend.
    Atb John.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Just got in this nice pumper. Am I correct in calling it a CW with the Williams sight ? What do these sell for privately ?

Thanks Baz

l sold one the same as your's the rocker type, just over a year ago for £145. it didn't have the Willams sight which is a bonus. but it did have the original rear sight. hope this helps.

Been quite impressed with .20 calibre, already have a Daystate .20, HW 95 .20, and today machined a .20 barrel for my Firebird. Tried a new 90 degree cutting tool I made to make breach seal seat. Normally this is done in a much more involved way using a slip over bush.

Baz