This is an unsolicited posting in the hope that many of those of us who subscribe to the Collectors Section of the Airgun BBS will respect the effort that has gone in to trying to organise the June event scheduled to take place at Kempton Park.

From my point of view, I ventured onto this path in maybe 1985 (or later), thinking that it would both satisfy my craving for historic airguns and generate income for my collecting interests. My attempts in establishing an alternative Airgun Collectors Fair was a dismal failure (and cost me £320 (a fortune for me at the time)).

Post event I realised that up front investment and lots of publicity were paramount to success. Not an easy thing for most of us to be able to do so (for various reasons).

What I would say, is that if we want a worthy successor to the Bisley Arms Fairs (which I understand won't happen any longer in the same format), let's try and make this particular event a success by "attending, bringing and buying", as otherwise, no such events will be available in the future as no one will want to sponsor them.

I realise that there will be those of you out there who will be convinced that the "Organiser of the forthcoming event" is in line to make a financial killing, but from my point of view I'm 100% convinced that won't be the case.

Lastly, please try and attend, mix well and enjoy the experience, as if you do so, and like what you see, there will more of the same for all of us.

Vic Thompson.