Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW30s Deluxe

HW30s Deluxe

Trying a new picture uploaded , here's my new HW30s Deluxe with Leupold 3-9x33 egr scope.

https://ibb.co/gA0kCa

https://ibb.co/kO5wJF

Nice looking combo

What makes it "deluxe?"

Hw30

Just some chequering on the stock but I don't think you can get them in the Uk.

Where did you source yours from?

I'm interested as I've been considering a 30 for a few weeks. I like the idea of a medium power sporter with a good trigger.
    The checkering will be of benefit against a smooth, lacquered beech forend and grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    What makes it "deluxe?"
    A screw cut carbine barrel and fitted muzzle brake?.

HW30s

Got it from sportwaffen-schneider in Germany, £214 delivered and took 5 working days.
    The standard gun from them has a longer barrel and open sights, I have put the "k" barrel on this one and fitted a different spring as they come with lower power.
    Luke Jolly tuned the trigger.

Nice rifle - enjoy...

Lovely.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

sunderland airguns have this in for £165.be a nice gun as wiehrauch dont make crap,if i was you id add extra few quid and buy a HW99S but either way both great rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    sunderland airguns have this in for £165.be a nice gun as wiehrauch dont make crap,if i was you id add extra few quid and buy a HW99S but either way both great rifles.
    You can open a can of worms with a bold statement such as this; there are those on here who would disagree with you!

I think Weihrauchs are nice, nice HW 30!

Love them to bits...

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    They might not make crap but they are perfectly capable of disappointing, and this has been true since they started I think. I have found quality control issues with Weihrauchs from all generations from the early 1970s onwards. However, they do make sturdy designs from good quality materials, so if the customer has to provide the finishing work then at least they are excellent from there on in.

I have had five (5) HW30 rifles, two HW30II, two HW30S and one early HW30 (leather washer long stroke). ALL OF THEM, with the exception of the early one, NEEDED ATTENTION to the tip of the cocking lever and the cocking slot, and sometimes the cocking levers. They need dressing with files and emery paper to make them 'good'. This degree of dressing is generally not needed on the bigger Weihrauchs like the 35, 85, 95 and 77/97, but might be needed on the HW99/50.

Who knows why?

Hw30

I have put the German spec spring back in mine, it's now shooting at 5.5 with 8.2 grain R10 match pellets and at 25 yards it puts the pellets on the cross hairs every shot....... As long as there's no wind.

They are cracking little rifles in .177". Got one and love the trigger and the way they shoot. Germanic style stock works well with the open sghts which are my choice for fun work. Reminds me a lot of an old HW50 I had, way back when.