Thread: scope for my hw95k ??

scope for my hw95k ??

alright folks,so im going buy a hw95k .22,couple questions,which scope should i buy (budget 50-70£) also which pellets work best for this hw95k ?.thanks

Welcome, Rob.

Pellets - better to try a broad selection of quality dome heads as many guns, even if the same make and model, will have different preferences. However, as a bit of a short list, I'd be trialling H&N Field Target Trophy, RWS Superdomes and the JSB made pellets - JSB Exact Jumbo and RS, Air Arms Diabolo Field, Falcon Accuracy Plus etc.

Weihrauch also market their own in two flavours, one made by H&N and the other by JSB. I haven't tried them myself, so not sure if they're EXACTLY the same as the FTT and Jumbo or slightly different?

Better to try a few, but if I were to pick just the one initially, it'd be the FTT.

Scope. A lot depends on what features you desire. If you're happy with fixed magnification, you'd hope that more of the money is being spent on the quality of the lenses as opposed to extra features. Adjustable parallax, to my mind, a good idea. On the budget scopes, this will be in the form of a rotating objective bell, nominated "AO". Different people seem to prefer different glass. At this end of the market, I prefer Nikko Stirlings. And your budget might just net you an Air King Gold Crown.

Also have a look on our sponsor's site - JS Ramsbottom; usually an excellent selection of very good scopes at sensible money. They do pellets, too.
    Last edited by TonyL; 28-05-2017 at 08:19 PM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

My 95 loves Weihrauch f&t special, scope ? nothing with a 50mm objective

Dave, so you still have the Sabre 2-7x32AO that you bought from Nick, Oldskoolz?

If so, will you be bringing it to The Bash?

Wouldn't mind comparing it to the Air King to see if they're the same.

P.S. Nikko Panamax 3-9x40AO (I think) now available for about £90 if you shop about. I'd love one of these one day.

Gold Crown Air King 3-9x42AO; just spotted, less than £80 at Wighill Park Guns.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Dave, so you still have the Sabre 2-7x32AO that you bought from Nick, Oldskoolz?

If so, will you be bringing it to The Bash?

Wouldn't mind comparing it to the Air King to see if they're the same.
    Yes mate, I will bring it.

Cheers, Dave.

Hi Rob...

Scope - If you're going to be plinking and hunting, I'd recommend a Simmons 8-Point 1.5-5x32 and Sportsmatch LTO31C mounts, (both from JSR). I have two of them, excellent optics for the money.

Pellets - Weihrauchs in either calibre generally like JSB pellets, (I prefer the RS and Express). H&N FTT are also worth a go...

Will agree with the 'Simmons' 1.5-5x32/8-point...

As for the 'Air King' from personal experience I'd give it a wide berth if I were you, bloody terrible scope in my opinion, reticle like a telegraph pole, the p.o.i moved when you altered both the 'AO' and the 'magnification' rings and mine used to buzz it's nuts off every time I shot the rifle which I put down to the 'adjustable objective spring' and the only way I could stop it was to wind the the parallax setting up which kinda defeats the object really, it finally bit the dust whilst aboard my '95k' and to be honest I was none to bothered !...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    My 95 mounts a NS Panamax 3-9x40AO and uses AA D F pellets
    Well happy with it !
    I like the modern "up to date" styling on these scopes and for the money, the qualities there as is the wide angle viewing and half mil-dot reticle.
    It appears to be happy on a springer also as I had it for well over a year now.

I'd buy another !
    “An airgun or two”………

I'll second either of the above Simmons or Panamax as I have both. The Panamax was on my 99s until very recently but is going onto my 95k as it makes the 99 seem overscoped.

Have a look here;

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....x-3-9x40-AO-IR

My .22 95 has a Hawke Vantage 4x32 on it. Just my opinion but I think its the best scope of the entire range. Nice fov and very bright.

thanks lads.im using a weihrauch hw99s 1.77 at the minute,using weihrauch pellets,ive only just bought this gun only fired 250 pellets at the most through it so early days,scope on it is hawke 3-9x50 and sports match 1 piece mount.i also got a weihrauch hw97,like the 99s its a great rifle BUT isnt that gun heavy,i took it out to my permission twice just for 2 hours n both times i was whipped lugging it about,hence why im getting a hw95k as its nice n light like the hw99s.only want 2 rifles one in 1.77 the other .22.i was looking at AA tx200 another great gun but again weighs near enough same as 97k,thanks for the kind words and advice much appreciated lads thanks

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    A mate has a Hawke 2 x 7 x 32 on his, nice light and clear

Pete
    Pete

speaking of catapults have you seen price of those deadshot/milbro cattys ?,when i was a kid late 70s they were £1-20p lol. looked on milbro website 50£ and above jeez the worlds gone mad lol.

Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    alright folks,so im going buy a hw95k .22,couple questions,which scope should i buy (budget 50-70£) also which pellets work best for this hw95k ?.thanks
    i have 8 rifles here. 7 of them have BSA essential 3-9x40 on them. Cheap and great optics. The other has a hawke vantage 3-9x40. Ok but not as clear edge to edge as the BSA
    B.A.S.C. member