Thread: What mounts will I need ?

What mounts will I need ?

I want to fit a Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 scope onto an Ultra SE. Can anyone tell me which Sportsmatch mounts I would need ?

The scope has the front paralax adjustment and is about 53mm in diameter. Do I need medium or high mounts ?

Just looking on JSR website, but not sure which ones I need.
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

Theres a good vid on youtube about it...

You have to measure objective bell and half it to work out the clearence you need.

On my regal i have mediums but you can only just get a rizla underneath thats with a hawke 6-24×50sf
    And i think thats 54mm outer diameter
    Daystate Regal xl .177 / Hawke niteeye 6-24x50irsf...
    Weihrauch HW97 .22 tbt kit / Hawke sidewinder 30 10×42...

2 ferrets and a net...

Go on the sporstmatch website they only make two mounts that properly fit bsa 13mm rails anyway .
    I would have thought you would be fine with meium on an ultra since the barrel is lower than the rails .
    I prefer high mounts even when I could use medium as I get better sight picture and further targets are easier if you have high mounts.
    This might come down to the shape of my face but I weren't through the whole get the scope as low as possible routine and found that's not actually the important thing comfort and sight picture is more important .
    Its much easier to judge 8 ,10,15 yards and have them mapped on your mildots then with high mounts there is very little in it from 15 to 40 yards .177 you might be using .22 .
    I do hft.
    Last edited by dayglowfroggy; 28-05-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Legend

You may find the need to shim the back cradle or use adjustable mount as they are prone to run out of elevation .

Thanks for the replies.

ElmerFudd.177, Any chance you could post a link to the video, please mate ? There's so many on there

I really cant remember it was that long ago.
    It may have been vermin hunters, some old american bloke red shirt n glasses in a studio or airarms south africa???

You have to work out the distance from the bottom of the scope tube to rail.

IE...
    If the scope tube is 30mm half is 15mm...
    if the scope is 54mm at objective bell half is 27mm...
    Then 15mm from 27mm equals 12mm from the bottom of scope to rail meaning you need 13mm mounts minimum.
    Take into account if you have flip up covers that they dont foul on barrel.

I think the ft guys n gals like high mounts they set zero on the highest part of trajectory for say 18 to 26 yards would be zero and the rest are only hold over

I have 16mm mounts on mine with a 56mm objective bell and a 25mm scope tube

This is an example and my math is not great plus i got kids screaming at me to blow paddling pool up...
    Might put a pellet into that if they keep going on...
    Last edited by ElmerFudd.177; 29-05-2017 at 01:24 PM.
    Daystate Regal xl .177 / Hawke niteeye 6-24x50irsf...
    Weihrauch HW97 .22 tbt kit / Hawke sidewinder 30 10×42...

2 ferrets and a net...

Quote Originally Posted by ElmerFudd.177 View Post
    I really cant remember it was that long ago.
    It may have been vermin hunters, some old american bloke red shirt n glasses in a studio or airarms south africa???

You have to work out the distance from the bottom of the scope tube to rail.

IE...
    If the scope tube is 30mm half is 15mm...
    if the scope is 54mm at objective bell half is 27mm...
    Then 15mm from 27mm equals 12mm from the bottom of scope to rail meaning you need 13mm mounts minimum.
    Take into account if you have flip up covers that they dont foul on barrel.

I think the ft guys n gals like high mounts they set zero on the highest part of trajectory for say 18 to 26 yards would be zero and the rest are only hold over

I have 16mm mounts on mine with a 56mm objective bell and a 25mm scope tube

This is an example and my math is not great plus i got kids screaming at me to blow paddling pool up...
    Might put a pellet into that if they keep going on...
    Thanks for that. I should be able to work it out now