Thread: Removeing the O ring from a Verminator Gas Bottle

Removeing the O ring from a Verminator Gas Bottle

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but a veteran shooter of all types of firearms. Some years ago I acquired a VX Verminator that does everything I need and makes all my other guns redundant.
    I now suspect that the "O" ring down inside the butt Gas Bottle coupling valve has perished and is leaking air.
    I have a variety of genuine Dental pick tools available but after several un successful attempts, it still sits defiantly in its recess. Has anyone managed to remove this O ring? Any tips would be appreciated. If any information should prove successful, I will supply a new"Free O Ring".
    Davepo

Get your hands on an old style car window wiper,the thin metal bit that tensions
    the rubber has a 90 degree angle, the small end sticks out 3 or 4mil, it's a
    great tool for picking out these o'rings and also helps when fitting the replacement. In saying that, sometimes they have
    gone so hard and brittle they just break up and you can only pick them out bit by bit.
    Rapid Mk2 anschutz trigger .20
    Rapid MFR .20
    FX Verminator MK2 .22

Hw59, ok, I've plenty of those in my workshop, I always thought they would come in handy someday. What better way to spend a dismal - wet, Bank Holiday Monday. Big decision, should I start befor or after Lunch?
    Thanks, Davepo.

you might want to change the compression washer that's on the threaded
    male part of the rifle, often both give up together.
    Rapid Mk2 anschutz trigger .20
    Rapid MFR .20
    FX Verminator MK2 .22

o ring removed

Hw59, Thanks for the tips, after another 3 unsuccessful attempts with various home made picks I removed the brass valve assembly from the bottle. I then removed the valve and boiled the brass body containing the O ring in my spare kettle. This would appear to have "softened the rubber which had gone hard. Resulting in a successful conclusion, it made my day.
    thanks, Davepo