Thread: Huntsman Help

Huntsman Help

Hi guys, just bought a second hand Huntsman Classic from a gun shop. Problem. Fill her up to 200 bar, then open up bleed valve to take off filling connector and you do not get the short blast of air, you get a long blast of air until the gun is empty. Can one of the expert PCP guys tell me the problem so I know what I am on about when I take it back to the shop on Monday morning.
    Thanks Paul

the non return valve is faulty it is not closing when you vent the air when filled

The rifle fill valve is sticking open.

The valve is usually a "plug" with a small spring behind it,
    When the fill air pressure in the hose becomes greater than the rifle internal pressure it pushes the valve open,
    then when full as the pressure in the hose & the rifle equalise the small spring is all that's needed to seat the plug & seal the valve,
    when you open the bleed the hose pressure vents & at that point the rifle internal pressure also presses on the plug to fully seal it.

Are you using a pump ?
    because a pump is much slower it doesn't push the valve open as far so there is less compression of the valve spring to push it shut so it doesn't form the initial seal & when you open the bleed the rifle vents. The greater flow from a cylinder will open the valve further so there is more spring compression to push it shut.

A strip & clean might fix it or it might need a new valve.
    Last edited by angrybear; 03-06-2017 at 08:39 PM.

There is probably an O ring on the end of the little shuttle, opposite the end where the spring sits.

In an older gun this O ring can become hard, and I've seen them cracked into two or three pieces they are so old and perished.

New O ring should fix it.

Daystate stuck to imperial measure for a long time so it's probably an O ring with a BS number.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

As above...

But when you can shoot it, put it over a chrony, because some can be low power and need adjusting. Or ask the RFD to test it when you take it back.
    Daystate Regal xl .177 / Hawke niteeye 6-24x50irsf...
    Weihrauch HW97 .22 tbt kit / Hawke sidewinder 30 10×42...

2 ferrets and a net...

Huntsman

Thanks for all the information. This gun was bought by the shop from a gent who had not used it for a while, so that could have caused the problem. I will return it to them next week. I want to keep it as it is in almost mint condition with a fantastic walnut stock, but we will wait and see!
    Thanks again.
    Paul