Posted by Dr C elsewhere

Cambridge rules!!!!!!
If any of us were under the impression that things were going to get easier now that Jeff is no longer setting out the Cambridge rules courses, that is no longer the case.
Lots of elevated shots, a couple of tiny ones, a couple that appeared to be more than 60 yards away (I have it on good authority they were only 53 and 57), and a load that couldn't be seen from the peg unless you were very tall, could see through leaves, or had been doing a lot of yoga. At least it wasn't windy.
I'd like to assure all the first timers that it's not always this difficult. To all the rest: Mr Smart and Mr Day enjoyed the salty taste of your tears.

Open class:

Jack Houghton 54

Neil Wakelin 54

Jill Cochrane 54

Mark Minchin 52

Dan Measures 51

Matt Rawlings 50

Chris Wells 49

Simon Eley 49

Martin Slane 48

Colin Bass 48

Jake Day 47

Steve Hermitage 47

John Houghton 47

Wayne Pearce 47

Chris Boulton 46

Simon Jones 46

Graham Mason 46

Glen Law 45

Stuart Smart 45

Melanie Wakelin 45

Andy Ireland 43

Justin Rhone 42

John Osmond 41

Rich Kennealy 40

Ralph Currie 37

Mark Jones 37

Graham Bass 35

Martin CapDeVille 34

Jason Bass 33

Thomas Bass 30

.22 class:

Jeff Westley 48

Des Morris 47

Stuart Deeks 46

Dave Sainty 43

Dean Auger 41

Recoiling class:

Andy Day 41

Graham Burtenshaw 36

Veterans class:

Finn Cochrane 50

Mike Isaac 50

Mike Carney 49

Bob Brand 47

Mel Marshall 47

Ken Phillips 46

Linda O’Malley 45

Mick Salmon 44

Dave George 43

Keith Warburton 42

Brian Tindall 41

Alan Measures 40

Juniors class:

Arthur Wells 38

Lara Jones 37

Nathaniel Jones 29

I'd like to apologise for taking so long to complete the course, I had some of the most loquacious shooting partners, and there was much discussion of why a certain target with a certain width of kill couldn't be at a certain range... Until we all remembered it was Cambridge rules.

In a fortnight's time we welcome you all to the Summer Safari weekender; bring a tent, meat to burn, and whatever bizarre homebrewed alcohol you have been hoarding over the winter for consumption after the shoot.

C.

PS: Get well soon to Anne Higgins, I hope whatever you tried to chop off this time mends quickly.