Thread: Valuations and new gun advice

Valuations and new gun advice

Ok, I'm not totally settled on this yet, just mulling it over. I'm considering selling the 2 guns I own to fund one better gun. Or rather more suitable gun. Let me elaborate.....
    I sold a few of the guns I had ( all Chinese) to fund a PCP. I bought a hatsan at44 tactical in .22 calibre, because I liked the features for the money, and I got a reasonable deal. I kept my smk xs19 .177 Springer also. At the time, I only shot at home in the garden, so the 22 Vs 177 thing wasnt a huge issue. Since then, I've been down to Atherton indoor range a few times and me and a pal are making it a regular thing at least once a month, and what I've found I enjoy are a) trying to punch really small groups and b) pushing further out on the 75yard range hitting spinners etc. So....... Ideally I want a 177 PCP, and ideally from a list of HW, Air arms, FX, BSA or one of the other big boys. Multishot preferable as I don't want to rule out hunting in the future, but isn't immediately planned. What I want to know is how much would I reasonably expect to get from a hatsan at44 tactical with scope and silencer, and a smk xs19 with scope, silencer, Welsh willy kit and Welsh willy trigger.
    And recommendations on what to buy.

Phew..... That took a while....time for a beer !

Also to mention, if the hatsan was .177 I'd just keep it, no issues, but I don't spend much time shooting per week so 2 guns is a bit of a waste as I don't have the time to devote to Springer practice

Which gun

Don't know what price you paid for your guns but Blackpool air rifles give two thirds of the new price of a rifle in good condition in PX for a new gun. I think they will take the hatsan but may not take the other. As far a new PCP goes the hw110 is good value for money and suitable for hunting as well. I would look for a gun with a decent number of shots for AIR ie 90 plus, as you will get through a lot of pellets in half a day.
    mk2 rapid.22

Found that the last time I went, do get through some pellets. Shot count is a consideration for me but as long as it's not terrible then I can live with it.

I assume it's always the case that 177 returns less shots than 22 for the same given fill?