Thread: Wolverine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    I have a load of Daystates (currently 4) and in general these are worth a try:

JSB exact 4.53/4.52/Heavies, H&N FTT, Range master Li (if you can find them), AA field, AA Express, Accupell (big tin, not FT)

A lot of others are ok, but I've always found the best out of these ones over hundreds of pellet tests.

I'd also try it with single loading in case your mag is not true in certain holes, and check for clipping by removing the mod if one is fitted and testing again without it.

James
    Try Daystate sovereign's they work well in mine

Cheers for the votes of confidence in these rifles.

I have however been giving it some serious testing today.

I fitted a brand new optisan evx scope, after trying said scope on two other known accurate rifles first, the scope is perfect.

I bought a quantity of pellets, all the ones listed on the thread and a few others.

Fitted scope, tried all the main pellets, it was shooting crap.
    Removed silencer, tried all the pellets again, still shooting crap.
    Removed shroud and went through all the pellets again, not great , but it did seem better.
    Swapped to my mates mag, it was better still, but not pellet on pellet I would expect from a top end rifle.

I would say this has had maybe 6-700 pellets through it from me now, barrel should be leaded up nicely, tried all the main brands,
    Sovereigns
    Kaisers
    Aa fields
    Jsb exact 5.50 and 5.52
    Accupel
    Powapell
    Falcon accuracy plus
    Biz mags
    Super domes
    Fx

I cannot get a good group at 30 yards no matter what.

I have run it over a Chrono, it's consistent, very consistent apart from one rogue shot at 5.74 (no idea what happened as that was the first shot) the maximum deviation on 30 shots was 8.76 fps.
    The max deviation over 70 shots was 10.91 fps, so I believe it should be pellet on pellet.
    I have tried filling to 200 bar, I tried filling to 190 bar, and I tried filling to 180 bar, 200 bar was erratic for the first mag or two, 190 and 180 fills were consistent from the get go.

Now i know two problems, my mag is not great, in the gun it wobbles, lots of play in it, my mates is a nice snug fit and improves accuracy, I also noticed the shroud is touching the bottle in one place, not pushing against it hard, and with a slight pressure I can see the gap open up, but is certainly touching as it does mark the shroud when unscrewing unless you add some slight pressure to open the gap up, am sure this shouldn't be the case.
    Last edited by Rabid; 03-06-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Vermin Al is offline Some say, ..... 4,000fps is enough
    There must a gap between shroud and bottle at all times. Touching/not touching will play havoc with your groups.
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by Vermin Al View Post
    There must a gap between shroud and bottle at all times. Touching/not touching will play havoc with your groups.
    That's exactly what I thought, thanks for confirmation.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I'm struggling to suggest anything else other than a pull through of the barrel several times and trying to make sure there IS a gap between the shroud and bottle. If this fails and it's still not grouping to a reasonable standard then I'd return it to the RTD - but make sure it's a genuine fault and not just the set up or your shooting as that could be a bit embarrassing, but these guns should be very good, certainly easily within a 5p pieces at 30m+

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    I'm struggling to suggest anything else other than a pull through of the barrel several times and trying to make sure there IS a gap between the shroud and bottle. If this fails and it's still not grouping to a reasonable standard then I'd return it to the RTD - but make sure it's a genuine fault and not just the set up or your shooting as that could be a bit embarrassing, but these guns should be very good, certainly easily within a 5p pieces at 30m+

James

100% the shroud and bottle are touching in one place, I will loose the pressure and see if the bottle will turn very slightly to give a clearance.

It is the carbon fibre (hi-lite) bottle, its bloody awful when you run your hand over it, lumps and bumps everywhere, so a slight turn may sort it.

It was bought privately, not from a rfd, sold as immaculate and 100% faultless, he was right about immaculate, but certainly not 100% faultless.

I have also had another guy shoot it who I know is a good shot, he regularly hits 5mm targets at 70 mtrs, he gets the same results, I just wanted to confirm it wasn't me doing something or my shooting gone to pot.

Not overly reliable and an acquired taste, worth tuppence as a trade in right now.

I turned one down last week with a decent scope for £600

Be smart, buy used.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.