Thread: Compair Charity Shoot at the Oaks - Results

Compair Charity Shoot at the Oaks - Results

Once again very many thanks to everyone who came along and gave generously of their time and money.

We did well last year, we did better this year - the grand total raised is £1204.47 which considering we had 57 people shooting is outstanding - Paul and Helene from Cancervive are absolutely delighted.

I must say an additional thanks to all those who donated raffle prizes which did add considerable to the takings - notably Claire from Air Arms, the team at CH Weston for their voucher, and Compair for the subscription voucher (but then I would say that). It is worth saying a particular well done to Rex who managed to raise a significant amount for Cancervive by prising cash from those he has met over the last few weeks!

Finally many thanks to all the Oakies who helped put the course up over the last few days and Isobel, Paul and Helene for feeding us today.

The scores were as follows:

PCP Springer Total
    Kevin Hills 57 Nigel Wood 52 109 1st
    Andy Simpson 54 Gary Chillingworth 50 104 2nd
    Paul Somerville 55 Kev Catt 49 104 3rd
    Richard Nightingale 52 Rex Bennett 51 103
    Justin Rayner 53 Kim Lum 49 102
    Liz Osman 53 Matt Goodson 48 101
    Kevin McMenamin 50 Bob Pattenden 51 101
    Richard Chase 55 Pat Fitzgerald 43 98
    Justin Parrott 53 Nick Byrne 45 98
    Vine Guy 53 Mike Burgess 45 98
    Peter Pacer 48 Tony Archer 50 98
    Gary Morrison 55 Greg Wilmshurst 42 97
    Jean Greatrex 51 Chris Tyhurst 46 97
    Kev Wickson 54 James Dawson 42 96
    Nigel Buchan 51 John Turnbull 45 96
    Phil Jacobs 52 Charles Peal 42 94
    Barbara Pearce 47 Roy Pearce 47 94
    Martin Armstrong 49 Eoin O'Brien 43 92
    Steve Budge 45 Mark Rackley 43 88
    Kevin Bleasdale 38 Phil Bleasdale 46 84
    Lisa Bowell 43 Rick Bowell 41 84
    Eddie Phillips 38 Steb Martinez 45 83
    Ally Stewart 38 Doug Falcon 43 81
    Jon Kelly 35 Damian Walker 41 76
    PCP PCP Total
    Barry McCraw 51 Chris Allum 56 107 1st
    Finn Cochrane 52 Jill Cochrane 54 106 2nd
    Ewan Hobbs 51 Gabriel Hobbs 45 96
    Wes Micklethwaite 50 Steve Micklethwaite 42 92

Particular well done to Kev and Nigel both of whom posted the highest score in their class and had the foresight to shoot together - unstoppable.
    Finally well done to Andy for showing us how he would have done it if he had not listened to Chilly.

See you all next week, and the week after and the week after.......
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Cool Well done ...

.... to all the organisers and entrants for a great day and great outcome for a great cause.

Well done to the top shots, but especially to the PCP & Boinger pairs scoring 98 and more

Note to self - must get the Prosport out of the cupboard more than once every 3 years

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Well done, Rex!!

That was a brilliant day! Thank you to Charles and the rest of the Mile Oak crew for hosting a superb shoot, to the guys and girls for Cancervive for keeping us all fed and watered in such style, and to everyone who turned out, took part, and supported such a worthwhile (and sometimes over-looked) charity.

As Charles said, for 57 competitors to raise over £1,200 is a massive achievement - a figure that was bolstered in no small way by the hard work and sheer persistence of one Mr Rex Bennet; Rex, step forward and take a huge bow - that was an awesome contribution!

That was a fantastic shoot, to end off a really great Sussex weekend for me!!

Thank you Charles and all the Oakies for setting out the course; and Isobel, Paul and Helene for providing such delicious food and excellent cups of tea!!

Huge thanks to Chris Tyhurst who nursed me round the course (not to mention put up with me on Sunday too!!), and helped me score my pb with Sir Galahad!!!

Wow! what a fabulous sum raised for Cancervive!! Rex won his £10 challenge by coming in with more than 50, well done!!

Not forgetting, congratulations to all the winners - well deserved!

See you all soon.

Jean xx
    Jean
    M.A.D./AIR ARMS team. Spirit of HFT 2018.

I can only look on in amazement! sorry i couldn't be there!

To see Andy come in above 50.... oh and all you great guys raising money for charity..AGAIN!!

Well done everybody, Charles you are an amazing person, you are relentless!

Rex, if i could just get some of them images out of my head, i would shake your hand!!

Well done to the WHOLE OAKIE Team!!!! Thankyou boys and Girls, hope you are proud of yourselves!!

Andy say's i am special and seeing these great things happen, within my Club, make me want to agree...nearly..hope gary sees how much i suffer now!

UP THE OAKS!!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

That's it........I am turning to the springer side..well my lad is at least (one of us has to be a guinea pig) as I feel we 'kind of' missed out on something special today.
    Fantastic idea, shooting for a charity, worthwhile cause at that.

Had a brilliant time & the weather holding made it all the better, to top the day off the wife never gave me a slap as I shot three days on the trot....phew!!!
    Thanks to all the hosties, setters & chefs for making another day go without a hitch.

Atb
    Ewan

Congratulations to everyone involved in today you made it a very special day and a fantastic amount of money raised.

Rex, you are one in a million in more ways than one raising an awesome amount of cash. Pity my eyes are still bleeding from seeing you without a shirt on, thank god nothing else came off

Well done to all the winners today especially to Kev Hills & Nigel Wood who showed us all how's it's done.
    ISP Airstream MKIII No33 in a Tilly Walnut Stock

Many thanks to Charles and the Oaks team for hosting, and to the Cancervive/CompAir guys for putting on such a good days shooting.

Great fun shooting with Nigel today - top boinging mate.

Roll on next weekend....

A massive thank you to everyone for today (except Steve Edmunson) who didn't believe in me and went home to bed as he waited for 90 mins at our rendezvous and thought I had blown it (a big sorry Sedger). But all those wonderful generous people put money in and somehow i managed to get to Oaks from north London in time, inspired by the generous contributions from the HFT Fraternity that I am glad to be part of and some from that other world I'm in.

I had great company to shoot with and super shooting to the winners, well carried Simmo imagine what you could have done without a passenger like Chilli.

I have also to collect some more money for exceeding 50 over the next couple of events from those that thought their money safe.

And of course all the guys that set the course and do all the graft to make it happen. This is to just try and show our appreciation to some wonderful people that give of their hearts to support others affected by this awful and devastating disease. Thank you Cancervive for what you do for s so many and I hope I havent caused you nightmares by taking my top off.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Thanks Jean

It would have been a long trip from Ringwood today only for Jean, so a big thank you to you lady for letting me use your S400 today, a magnificent rifle. It was a super day out with some unusual sights!!!

Jolly well done everyone. Splendid, absolutely spiffing.

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

British HFT Pairs Championship announced!

Once again, thank you to everyone who came along to the HFT Pairs Charity Shoot, supported the event and helped raise such a massive amount of money for a very worthy cause.

The feedback we have received has been excellent, with many of you saying how much you enjoyed the format, and we have also heard from a number of shooters who would have liked to have taken part but couldn't make it all the way down to Sussex.

So......in conjunction with the UKAHFT, we'll be putting on the inaugural British HFT Pairs Championship next year in a "more central" location, so as to enable more people to come along and experience this format of HFT competition.

We'll be announcing the date and location very shortly - watch this space!

Great shooting Kevin Hills and Nigel Woods