Thread: scope mount bolt - MIA

scope mount bolt - MIA

Hi all - my rear most scope mount is missing one of its 4 hex bolts, does any one know where I might be able to get a replacement?
    Cheers all

Thumbs up

www.modelfixings.co.uk do a multitude of sized threads and lengths
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by baddabing View Post
    Hi all - my rear most scope mount is missing one of its 4 hex bolts, does any one know where I might be able to get a replacement?
    Cheers all
    Do you know the make ?
    If it's American it will be imperial most if not all others metric.

As you're fairly local, if you ever visit Exeter in behind Bridge Motorcycles is a place called Bakers Yard with several shops one of which is "Exeter Wire & Rope" a chandlers with the best selection of small/strange nuts, bolts, grubscrews, etc I've ever found.

Thanks both. No idea of make, but I'm guessing it'll be metric. What size would be standard for this?
    PS interesting re the Exeter shop, sounds like a good place for a browse (albeit with the wife tutting in the background)

Bolts are m4 and 8mm long, thought I'd been clever and ordered 5 for 99p from fleaBay - only for them to arrive today and the heads are too big (would be fine for the rail clamp). Anyway, went to CrackShot at Bovey Tracy this afternoon (ex-Ronnie Sunshine I believe), very helpful chap there found me one in his parts box gratis. Great service and will be going there again