Thread: LGU Tamed.

clunge is offline Buys suspicious amounts of hand sanitiser

LGU Tamed.

Recently bought a 2nd hand .177 Walther LGU, running at 9.7fpe and was pretty pleased with it.

Drilling out the transfer port to 3.2mm was an easy job that even I could do. It now sits at about 10.5-7fpe and is even smoother.

Plinking in the garden, it is quiet for a springer with it's inbuilt mod and quiet internals, but I could still hear some 'slapback' echo from nearby fence panels, telling me there was some way to go.

Walther sells a 1/2" unf adaptor that slips into the mod so an extra mod can be put on. The bad news is that this simple gadget costs £27-£34!!!!

There's a gap in the market for someone to run these up off a lathe and sell them for a bit less. Bestfittings and similar might be interested.

Anyway I bought one. Works great. With a weihrauch mod added, the gun is very quiet, but ludicrously long. OK for days when neighbours are likely to be outside

With 2 sections from a modular Swift Stumpy (adding only 2.5"), the gun is quiet (no slapback echo from the fences) looks good, and still fits in the gunslip.

So I'm a happy bunny (don't shoot me!).

clunge is offline Buys suspicious amounts of hand sanitiser
    Yes, the sticker price for an LGU Schalldämpfer adapter is only, e12.95 but if you click through and get to the checkout, you find that the shipping is another e11.95, which disappoints, somewhat.