Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belguim made copy of a Colt 1849 Pocket Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by Fronteria View Post
    Liege copy of a Colt 1849 pocket revolver .35 calibre in rough condition all the screws are poor and incorrect replacements some are missing, the bore is rusted and appears to be smooth bore but I can't be certain until it's been cleaned of the rust but it's not looking good.
    The hand and spring and cylinder bolt and spring are also missing.
    The cylinder ratchet where the hand turns the cylinder is badly worn and the cylinder has excessive end float of around 150 thou.
    The base pin (cylinder pin) is badly worn and cylinder bore is worn, the nipples are badly rusted and one is broken off.
    It has Liege proof marks for manufactured between 1811 to 1892 it was probably made around 1860.
    The poor quality engraving is badly worn on cylinder and completely taken off the barrel by an abrasive at sometime.
    I can't put a photograph up as it's in bits.
    Is it worth repairing?
    If so what is it worth in the condition it is now?
    If it is a copy of the Colt 1849 pocket pistol it should be .31 calibre. I have a lovely Colt version in wooden case with accessories. If the design is the same you can still get all the parts. I have screws, hammer spring, cylinder lock, trigger spring etc. You can get them from Peter Dyson https://www.peterdyson.co.uk/. He will probably advise if parts are interchangeable. The Colts go for £600 - £2000 depending on condition. The Belgian ones less. Was tempted to buy a second one at the Kempton Park show last Sunday, nice one £800.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 01-07-2017 at 01:34 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

The cylinder is engraved (probably rolled with a die) all the way round with the scene of an attempted stagecoach robbery which is being thwarted by a passenger obviously armed with a Colt revolver. See pic...

Baz

http://i.imgur.com/xQQwe9a.jpg
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD