Thread: Milbro Diana G79 foresight info required

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Milbro Diana G79 foresight info required

I was recently given a Milbro Diana G79 rifle which is missing its foresight and i am anxious to replace it since the rifle is in almost-unused condition and worth restoring.
    Chambers do not stock one and my 'wanted' post of 3 weeks ago did not yield anything so I will need to make one or modify an existing sight. Unfortunately I have no idea what it looks like; the only pic I have from an old AGW mag the foresight and any detail is obscured by a foresight shield.
    The only clue I have is that it is fitted to he muzzle by a single screw - the 4BA tapped hole is about 1/2" from the end of he muzzle. I guess it is similar to the more deluxe version, the G80 but I thing this variant has interchangeable elements although the body will probably be the same.
    If anyone has any info or owns a G79 and is willing to take pics of it and some critical dimensions then please PM me - I will be most grateful. Thanks for looking.
    Aubrey

Thanks Jimlad, that now gives me a good idea of what to make. To get the correct dimensions I will need to scale up the pics with the actual dimensions of my G79 muzzle.
    This may be a bit of a long shot but if anyone has a G79 in pieces for spares and a foresight they would like to sell me then I will purchase it - would certainly save a lot of effort in making one!
    Aubrey

Doesn't the G79 have the same foresight and hood as the Milbro G4 pistol? I don't have a G79, so can't say for sure but the G4's sights are not that scarce. Protek may have one.

Good luck with your quest Aubrey,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Doesn't the G79 have the same foresight and hood as the Milbro G4 pistol? I don't have a G79, so can't say for sure but the G4's sights are not that scarce. Protek may have one.

Good luck with your quest Aubrey,

John
    Thanks for that John, I will check it out.
    If that is the case it will save me a lot of work.
    Aubrey

Milbro Diana G79 foresight info required

i have a plastic foresight,i'm sure came of one of the milbro models,it has grooves on both sides for a hood.you can have it,if you want it