Thread: Milbro Diana G79 foresight info required

Milbro Diana G79 foresight info required

I was recently given a Milbro Diana G79 rifle which is missing its foresight and i am anxious to replace it since the rifle is in almost-unused condition and worth restoring.
    Chambers do not stock one and my 'wanted' post of 3 weeks ago did not yield anything so I will need to make one or modify an existing sight. Unfortunately I have no idea what it looks like; the only pic I have from an old AGW mag the foresight and any detail is obscured by a foresight shield.
    The only clue I have is that it is fitted to he muzzle by a single screw - the 4BA tapped hole is about 1/2" from the end of he muzzle. I guess it is similar to the more deluxe version, the G80 but I thing this variant has interchangeable elements although the body will probably be the same.
    If anyone has any info or owns a G79 and is willing to take pics of it and some critical dimensions then please PM me - I will be most grateful. Thanks for looking.
    Aubrey

Thanks Jimlad, that now gives me a good idea of what to make. To get the correct dimensions I will need to scale up the pics with the actual dimensions of my G79 muzzle.
    This may be a bit of a long shot but if anyone has a G79 in pieces for spares and a foresight they would like to sell me then I will purchase it - would certainly save a lot of effort in making one!
    Aubrey

Doesn't the G79 have the same foresight and hood as the Milbro G4 pistol? I don't have a G79, so can't say for sure but the G4's sights are not that scarce. Protek may have one.

Good luck with your quest Aubrey,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Doesn't the G79 have the same foresight and hood as the Milbro G4 pistol? I don't have a G79, so can't say for sure but the G4's sights are not that scarce. Protek may have one.

Good luck with your quest Aubrey,

John
    Thanks for that John, I will check it out.
    If that is the case it will save me a lot of work.
    Aubrey

i have a plastic foresight,i'm sure came of one of the milbro models,it has grooves on both sides for a hood.you can have it,if you want it

I have a scrap 78 or 79 are they the same?
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by wil95k View Post
    i have a plastic foresight,i'm sure came of one of the milbro models,it has grooves on both sides for a hood.you can have it,if you want it
    That sounds promising! Thanks. I have PM'd you

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    I have a scrap 78 or 79 are they the same?
    Not sure. I will attempt to find out and PM you tomorrow.
    Many thanks for your input.
    Aubrey

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    If you're in need of a hood, I have one. Is it the plain tubular steel type?
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    If you're in need of a hood, I have one. Is it the plain tubular steel type?
    Yes. The pics i have seen of the foresight show what appears to be a tubular steel hood so I would be interested and I guess it would fit the sight when I get hold of one.

Quote Originally Posted by wil95k View Post
    Your inbox is full so cannot PM you. I have sent email.
    Aubrey

Quote Originally Posted by AC99 View Post
    Your inbox is full so cannot PM you. I have sent email.
    Aubrey
    emptied,email answerd

Many thanks to all who have contributed to this thread including Jimlad who supplied pics of G79 sight, wil95k who supplied me with a sight for modification and harry mac who supplied me with a sight shield. All very much appreciated.
    Aubrey