Thread: Polishing Brass

Polishing Brass

Just got a Lyman pro second hand with red media and some plain corn cob media that came with it, just started to polish with the red stuff but it seems to leave red dust on the inside shell case, is this normal, will it react with the powder or do i have to leave it longer in the tumbler ('bout 1 1/2 hrs now)?
    cheers
    aquarius11
    One Shot = One Kill

That's the jeweller's rouge the media is coated with. I'd throw it away and use the corn-cob.

I've never had a problem with it being left in the case but everything else got dirty and stained red (including my fingers) so I binned the stuff as soon as I had some replacement media with the green additive (Tuff-Nut?).

Then went to stainless steel pins for the majority of my case cleaning, the vibratory cleaner only gets a look-in once in a while so the media is lasting a long time.
    Good deals with: Muskett, Dreben, roger.kerry, TALL, Helidave1, Chelseablue, Leeroy7031, Mousemann, pnuk, Practical, NEWFI, HOOGS, Webb22, lazybones1416 and deanw5262 among others. Thanks Guys.