Thread: Help needed - Best Regulator for AA S410

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks everyone, very useful!

So it's a classic 410. It has a lovely walnut left handed stock too!

Reasons I want a regulator is I notice about a 3" drop or gain at around 40/50yds from 180 to 100 bar and when both shooting quarry and also medium / long range targeting, that's just too much change for me!

Agree I probably need to clean the insides, what other recommendations would people have if I don't want to drill?
    Mark

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    If you want a good job doing try Dave at Airmasters. Did a great job on my Scorpion

Pete
    Pete

Why regulate it?

A good 'tune' or clean, polish & set-up will give good results and monies saved could buy a lot of pellets and air refills

Just my 2p worth (had a btas reg'd MPR, still got the MPR but it's not rigged anymore )

Rich.

Ps. If you need a reg. then speak to Dave Wellham (Airmasters88)

Quote Originally Posted by Luckky View Post
    Thanks everyone, very useful!

So it's a classic 410. It has a lovely walnut left handed stock too!

Reasons I want a regulator is I notice about a 3" drop or gain at around 40/50yds from 180 to 100 bar and when both shooting quarry and also medium / long range targeting, that's just too much change for me!

Agree I probably need to clean the insides, what other recommendations would people have if I don't want to drill?
    3" sounds excessive. Might be worth just replacing the exhaust valve if rifle is not new as they eventually suffer from 'valve extrusion' (again info is there to read on this subject) . Changing mine resulted in a much flatter power curve even before I regulated my own .177 S410s. Regs are easy enough to install but take time setting up correctly (one of mine was a doddle....one was far, far more awkward/fiddly/time consuming). Plenty of info out there if you look. Some of my own findings are on the airarms forum.

Mark