Thread: Tell 3 for swap

Tell 3 for swap

Having recently upgraded my Tell 3 to one with more original finish and a box, I'm looking to swap this one. It's complete and working, but has various (mainly cosmetic) flaws which should be obvious from the pics. I have no idea what the number stamped above the breech means.

I'm looking to swap it for another prewar spring pistol, preferably boxed, and probably English. I'm willing to supplement the value for something nice and rare (unboxed is fine for a rarity) with cash.

But I'm not looking to sell it and am not in a hurry to get rid of it, if no tempting swaps come up. Please PM or email me if you have anything interesting.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Having recently upgraded my Tell 3 to one with more original finish and a box, I'm looking to swap this one. It's complete and working, but has various (mainly cosmetic) flaws which should be obvious from the pics. I have no idea what the number stamped above the breech means.

I'm looking to swap it for another prewar spring pistol, preferably boxed, and probably English. I'm willing to supplement the value for something nice and rare (unboxed is fine for a rarity) with cash.

But I'm not looking to sell it and am not in a hurry to get rid of it, if no tempting swaps come up. Please PM or email me if you have anything interesting.
    Be cool to see your new Tell 3 in another post?

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Be cool to see your new Tell 3 in another post?
    Pics here.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Very nice!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Very nice!
    ++ 1 :

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi Danny, a very nice one, nice to have the box as well. pity about the tape, have you tried to lift it off as some tapes will come off ok without doing any damage. l would have been interested to do a deal if l hadn't got one already. good luck with the exchange deals.
    ATB,
    Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Hi Danny, a very nice one, nice to have the box as well. pity about the tape, have you tried to lift it off as some tapes will come off ok without doing any damage. l would have been interested to do a deal if l hadn't got one already. good luck with the exchange deals.
    ATB,
    Mick.
    No Mick, I haven't dared touch it, to be honest! It looks like removing it would bring off some of the lid covering along with it. At least the tape doesn't obscure any of the gold-leaf embossing etc, fortunately.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

No really interesting swaps have come in yet. Maybe I'll put it on Gunstar for sale at eg. £750 (ie. more than it's worth) but saying I would prefer a swap...
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

Danny, are you going to the Kempton Park show ? Would love to see the Tell if you have not moved it on by then. Friend and I will have a couple of tables there.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Danny, are you going to the Kempton Park show ? Would love to see the Tell if you have not moved it on by then. Friend and I will have a couple of tables there.

Baz
    YHPM Baz
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

Somehow a swap in Greenland for some Crosmans wouldn't probably be of interest.