Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scammer warning

Scammer warning

Just a heads up , I have been scammed by a member on here for £80

He goes by the name akelly, real name Anthony Peter Ellison from Manchester .
    Paid the money into is account Santander , Sort code 09-01-28 Acc.No. 40200333 on the 24th May and dispite pms and emails nothing
    A complete c#$t

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by game getter View Post
    Just a heads up , I have been scammed by a member on here for £80

He goes by the name akelly, real name Anthony Peter Ellison from Manchester .
    Paid the money into is account Santander , Sort code 09-01-28 Acc.No. 40200333 on the 24th May and dispite pms and emails nothing
    A complete c#$t

Mike
    Have you told the mods? has he been online since? if so then surly with this info you have the police will help you? or has he been caught up in the last goings on in Manchester? im not defending him but putting this on a open forum is good to warn the rest of use but there might be a other reasons?? ATB

Ok , I have not informed the mods yet , not sure what they could do ? He was online on the 29th may and hasn't answered an thing from me pms , e-mail nothing , it dosnt take2minutes to reply to pms or emails to put your mind at rest .
    No correspondence from him and money in his account says A lot

Mike

Looking at his history, it seems well out of character for him - perhaps he was caught up in the events of the 29th

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    Looking at his history, it seems well out of character for him - perhaps he was caught up in the events of the 29th
    Don't know about that and know nothing about his character, all I know is I paid for goods not recieved and no communication from him . Commen courtesy would dictate that you would keep in touch with the transaction till deal completed , that's what I do

Mike

Have you cleared your inbox, just incase it's full and he has replied via pm?

The same guy agreed to buy a Diana 52 I had for sale on here and didn't pay for it (see my Diana 52 post from January this year).Tried emails and pm's with no result. Think he goes by the name Manc on other forums. Perhaps he should change that to
    Last edited by ken69; 06-06-2017 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    The same guy agreed to buy a Diana 52 I had for sale on here and didn't pay for it. Tried emails and pm's with no result. Think he goes by the name Manc on other forums. Perhaps he should change that to
    "" sums him up about right , had and done plenty of deals on here over the years , suppose it was only a matter of time for a sour deal ,

Mike

this is why i like to pay for things using paypal. at least you get some buyer protection then.
    sorry for your misfortune.

Quote Originally Posted by jcr71 View Post
    this is why i like to pay for things using paypal. at least you get some buyer protection then.
    sorry for your misfortune.
    Not if it's air rifles or pistols. PayPal has it down as against their rules. So it's a tricky one if either the buyer or the seller mentions airgun
    Yes I know this post is not in relation to airguns . Just accessories.

Thanks guys, I know these things happen the majority of guys are good ,spoilt by a few unscrupulous t##ts

Mike

I have bought off him with no issues whatsoever.
    Last edited by maxtich; 07-06-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Thumbs up Sorry you've been stung

Mate I;m genuinely sorry to hear that you have been scammed, but thank you for warning the rest of us. At the end of last year I posted several guns for sale, I had lots of interest and pm's but I didn't sell a single one through the forum(s). Reason being I only do F2F deals, and people were asking me to post etc.

I really don't like buying things on this forum as there is no feedback system. I know it wouldn't stop a***holes ripping you off, but it would give a good indication of people who can be trusted. If you have a member who has loads of posts and a good feedback count then I would feel happier dealing with him.
    I have made a few small purchases of which the sellers have been great, but I am not really willing to spend a few hundred quid without having some idea of how trustworthy the seller is.
    You do have to be careful where ever you buy online, but there are things which can make life a lot easier.
    Ade
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois Sr View Post
    I really don't like buying things on this forum as there is no feedback system. I know it wouldn't stop a***holes ripping you off, but it would give a good indication of people who can be trusted. If you have a member who has loads of posts and a good feedback count then I would feel happier dealing with him.
    I have made a few small purchases of which the sellers have been great, but I am not really willing to spend a few hundred quid without having some idea of how trustworthy the seller is.
    You do have to be careful where ever you buy online, but there are things which can make life a lot easier.
    Ade
    A large post count means nothing. If some one wants to scam they will with 5 posts or 50,000 posts.
    If they are giving up shooting or hit a bad patch in their life and decide to scam , they will.
    There is lots of people on here that are only here to buy and sell despite the moderators clamping down on it.