Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Chinese Airgunforum's Oddballs at Quigley Hollow

If I can get my pass stamped, I'll get there on the Sunday, Jonny.

I work every Saturday and alternate Sundays. This will be my Sunday off, but it all depends if the Mrs kicks off, saying that I don't spend enough time with the family etc. So I'll have to broach the subject at a suitably opportune time and, maybe, have to try and sell her the idea of combining my attendance with her visiting the Burton grandsprogs or a visit to Ikea (which would, no doubt, end up costing and I'm skint).

But work on it I most definitely will, as I'd love to be there and see The Hollow with a slightly different flavour. No doubt many nice guns to see.

Mick.....do you think the emphasis will be more on springers or the CO2 rifles? And what sort of attendance numbers do you think you'll be looking at?

As some of the Chinese rifles are Gamo clones, and I don't currently have any Chinese rifles, would I be able to turn up with my recently acquired (freebie) Gamo Boinger?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonny neate View Post
    Any other Boinger folk going ?
    Jonny
    Having seen the weather forecast I'll be doing a Thursday til Monday stint if that's ok with Mick?!!
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

I work every Saturday and alternate Sundays. This will be my Sunday off, but it all depends if the Mrs kicks off, saying that I don't spend enough time with the family etc. So I'll have to broach the subject at a suitably opportune time and, maybe, have to try and sell her the idea of combining my attendance with her visiting the Burton grandsprogs or a visit to Ikea (which would, no doubt, end up costing and I'm skint).

But work on it I most definitely will, as I'd love to be there and see The Hollow with a slightly different flavour. No doubt many nice guns to see.

Mick.....do you think the emphasis will be more on springers or the CO2 rifles? And what sort of attendance numbers do you think you'll be looking at?

As some of the Chinese rifles are Gamo clones, and I don't currently have any Chinese rifles, would I be able to turn up with my recently acquired (freebie) Gamo Boinger?
    Emphasis is across the board - I've a feeling that this is slightly different to your 'average' boinger bash - 40 target HFT style course + 2 paper targets with 5 shots at each - no ranging of targets (including the paper ones) a la HFT, but shooting position is optional medals for the top 3 (UCAF member) scores for each of the classes, which are:- Recoiling Open Sights, Recoiling Optical Sights, Recoiless Open Sights, Recoiless Optical sights, 'Open' Class (for all non-Chinese guns)
    Also, not knowing what boingers you have Tony, but many are surprised as to who source some of their guns from China, Crosman, Benjamin, Hatsan, Beeman, Ruger & Remington are amongst them, so you may have one already without knowing it
    Other than the course, there's always the laugh & joking that goes on.
    Gerry
    Ps, we hope to get there Friday morning as we'll be setting the course out as well as getting the tent sorted - hopefully it isn't a 'lawn' type of venue, last year it was in an uncut hayfield, 3-4 feet of grass, year before it was in young woodland (all good to 'hide' the targets)
    Last edited by SuffolkRifle; 09-06-2017 at 03:20 PM.

Sounds excellent, Gerry; well organised, varied and fun.

To get some idea of the layout, Google up a video of The Boinger Bash. There's a video that Neil180 posted some time ago.

I will be there on the Sunday if I can sort my "pass".
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    hopefully it isn't a 'lawn' type of venue,
    Bugger.

I better get on the phone to the neighbouring farmer.

valve stems

Does any of the Chinese experts have or can get hold of a couple of Bam b50-b51 valve stems for me, Appreciated if you can, Col.

I recon you could turn up with anything you like Tone, as everything is made in China nowadays
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Bugger.

Miracle Gro, Manure and a few Mounds might do it, Mick?

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I recon you could turn up with anything you like Tone, as everything is made in China nowadays
    Haha!

But not quite, Rhys.

I owned a Crosman Phantom briefly a few years ago, though.

On the packaging for my Crosman 2240s, it says that they're made in the US with globally sourced components, so that'll be China, then.

So, might take one of them and the Gamo if I can make it.

Miracle Gro, Manure and a few Mounds might do it, Mick?
    Or just get the Moto cross guys in in the week before followed by ground force
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Haha!

But not quite, Rhys.

I owned a Crosman Phantom briefly a few years ago, though.

On the packaging for my Crosman 2240s, it says that they're made in the US with globally sourced components, so that'll be China, then.

So, might take one of them and the Gamo if I can make it.
    Or pack your pred & put a large rediculous looking "made in China" sticker on the side....
    No one will ever notice

That may work, Rhysy lad.

I can cover the Lazaglide sticker up and tell everyone it's a new prototype that we've been asked to field test for SMK.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    That may work, Rhysy lad.

I can cover the Lazaglide sticker up and tell everyone it's a new prototype that we've been asked to field test for SMK.
    Tippex it Tone and edit it to 'Razergride'
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Tippex it Tone and edit it to 'Razergride'
    Is that the tune with srippery spling, Pauly?

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Bugger.

Doesn't matter too much, we'll just have to use distance / a bit of imagination instead of 'hidden'