Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Chinese Airgunforum's Oddballs at Quigley Hollow

I'm confident our ever inventive Uncle Mick will be able to magic up some obstacles to obscure some of the targets, if he has the time.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Mick.....do you think the emphasis will be more on springers or the CO2 rifles? And what sort of attendance numbers do you think you'll be looking at?

As some of the Chinese rifles are Gamo clones, and I don't currently have any Chinese rifles, would I be able to turn up with my recently acquired (freebie) Gamo Boinger?
    I have no idea what guns folks will be using, Tone.

The range of guns made in China is so diverse it's unbelievable, it ranges from the lowly b2 right through to copies of Daystate PCPs, and many of the Crosman based CO2 guns are converted into PCPs as well.

Don't worry about bringing a gun I have a bucket full of Chinese guns if you want to borrow one.

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    Doesn't matter too much, we'll just have to use distance / a bit of imagination instead of 'hidden'
    If you arrive tomorrow as discussed, Gerry, we'll have plenty of time to sort the job out and place a few obstacles about the range.

All the best Mick

Thanks, must admit to looking about here, and I think that I've got a few bits I can drop into the trailer with the targets which will create some 'forced' positionals, plus with a day of working things, we can probably come up with a course that will follow the 'traditions' of the event

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

If you arrive tomorrow as discussed, Gerry, we'll have plenty of time to sort the job out and place a few obstacles about the range.

All the best Mick
    And yet another example of how helpful, selfless and flexible our Uncle Mick is, always willing to go the extra mile to ensure ultimate enjoyment.

And no surprise to anyone that has met him.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I have no idea what guns folks will be using, Tone.

The range of guns made in China is so diverse it's unbelievable, it ranges from the lowly b2 right through to copies of Daystate PCPs, and many of the Crosman based CO2 guns are converted into PCPs as well.

Don't worry about bringing a gun I have a bucket full of Chinese guns if you want to borrow one.

All the best Mick
    Thank you, Mick.

Nothing is set in stone, yet, but really hoping I can join you all and looking forward to it.

Cool 'Ickle update

Well, at the moment, it's looking like I WILL be able to make it.

Drop the ball and chain at Ikea Nottingham and onto The Hollow.

Maybe have to leave mid-afternoon, though, as Monza will be getting back from a D of E camping thing, so we'll have to be back in time for that.

Fingers crossed, no spanners will appear in the works.

Be good to see you Tony

Likewise; looking forward to it.

Did you visit our hallowed Hollow yesterday?

Did you visit our hallowed Hollow yesterday?
    Mr and Mrs Suffolkrifle (Gerry and Shirley) arrived safe and sound yesterday afternoon, Tone --- but I think they have limited internet access to reply to you.

The Hollow looks a lot different to when we hold a Boinger Bash, I've only mown from the hedge to the centre of the tunnel for the plinking range and Gerry and Shirley are busy setting the rest of the range and the corner of the campsite out into a HFT course.

So with no scope twiddling being the order of the day I may fit a 10x40 Elite on the Mohawk and a 3-9 X 40 on a b2 or XS19.

All the best Mick

Sounds excellent, Mick.

Maybe, just maybe, if a good number of The Boingermen are in agreement, we could retain some of the flavour of a small HFT course for the Bash events?

Maybe keep some elements of HFT rules, like no twiddling, but more relaxed rules on positional shots, but with a few obligatory standers?

Still looking good this end for the bonus Quigley visit and really looking forward to it.

/ So with no scope twiddling being the order of the day I may fit a 10x40 Elite on the Mohawk and a 3-9 X 40 on a b2 or XS19. /

All the best Mick
    Are you suggesting the Titan Mohawk is Chinese, on a technicality, Mick?

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Might not be, but there's an 'open' class for our 'more mainstream' guns, the Daystate, HWs, AA, FX etc. etc. that we have as well.

Sounds excellent, Mick.

Maybe, just maybe, if a good number of The Boingermen are in agreement, we could retain some of the flavour of a small HFT course for the Bash events?

Maybe keep some elements of HFT rules, like no twiddling, but more relaxed rules on positional shots, but with a few obligatory standers?

Still looking good this end for the bonus Quigley visit and really looking forward to it.
    Basically, our 'rules', no twiddling, but take the shot any position you like (or how you can see the target )

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    Basically, our 'rules', no twiddling, but take the shot any position you like (or how you can see the target )
    Which is exactly how I, for one, would love to see HFT go in the direction of, not being a fan of the prone and kneeling positions.

Sounds excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    You comin' Mr McToots?