Thread: Which 5 tins of pellets for accuracy testing in 177 bsa improved model D

Which 5 tins of pellets for accuracy testing in 177 bsa improved model D

If you had to buy 5 tins of pellets for accuracy testing in 177 Bsa improved model D's - What would they be ?

Been crook lately and unable to work for a few weeks - so have been doing a fair bit of plinking instead of doing important jobs and so have used a lifetimes accumulation of stray .177 pellets up.

very single pellet has gone out of nearly empty tins of Marksmans, Milbro's, Gamo's, Bulldogs, Original Wasps, Rws Super Domes, H'N Pointed, Hobby's, Webley Specials, Scalemeads and horrible tins of dented mixed ones.......I'd had some of them for 30 years

So was just wondering what pellets people have been getting good results from in the their .177 Bsa underlevers ?

Was definitely going to buy some more Rws Superdomes- which has been my main pellet for everything for years now - but what else would you try ?

Cheers
    Last edited by silva; 07-06-2017 at 12:17 PM.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Hello,

It's been my experience that these old air rifles prefer lighter pellets. Having tested quite a few, I finally settled on H&N Pistol Match. These are light, flat head pellets which seem to suit all variations of the BSA Improved Mod D. For me, they are also the most consistent both through the Chronograph and in terms of group size. They are relatively expensive though, but in my opinion well worth the extra cost.

Regards
    Brian

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    RWS Hobby. They're light, consistent, accurate and economical.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Re pellets for BSA Underlever

Hi
    I also found good results with light
    Weight pellets i use Dynamic Triple P1
    Pellets 6.9 grains pistol
    If you want some to try pm me and i will
    Sort you out
    Cheers
    Derek
    WANTED CROSMAN 1100 TRAPMASTER GUN AND SPARES

I don't notice any difference in my 1923 CS between AA field, JSB exact or HN FTT.
    It was a bit slammy with Falcon accuracy plus, the lightest ones I have.
    Thanks - Geoff.

I've had good results with H&N FTT in bell target as well as outdoor competitions with Hobbies a close second. That goes for .22 as well as .177 btw.

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    RWS Hobby. They're light, consistent, accurate and economical.
    I too have used the .177 RWS Hobby which is also a light weight, wadcutter pellet with quite good results, but not as consistent as the H&N Match. The Hobby is the best I've tried in .22 calibre, but I haven't experimented too much with that calibre.

Brian

Thank you for the interesting replies - plenty of food for thought. Have been getting neats foot oil down some taps and Bisely grease on earbuds on the springs.

Quote Originally Posted by delby52 View Post
    Hi
    I also found good results with light
    Weight pellets i use Dynamic Triple P1
    Pellets 6.9 grains pistol
    If you want some to try pm me and i will
    Sort you out
    Cheers
    Derek
    Thank you for your kind offer Derek - really appreciate it. But I think i will buy a tin for myself anyway and see how they get on - pellets never get wasted in my household
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."