Thread: Anschutz 1913 system gemini 22lr rifle valuation help please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    As TimS says, circa. £1000. A little tricky as it is a bit expensive for a first time buy and those trading up may want to go for one of the newer stocks. Some 50m test groups will help a lot as will indications that tend to show the amount of use the rifle might have had.

PM me with an email address and I shall send you an article about buying second hand target rifles. That will help you judge how it might be assessed.

Rutty

Thanks for the estimates so far, I know it's difficult without knowing exactly what comes with it etc but I should have more pictures tomorrow, which I will put up, with it all dressed in it's bling. Knowing the owner as I do I think we can safely assume the bore is spot on and not had millions of rnds down it but I'll see if he can supply some 50 yard test cards. Do you think the colour will put off potential buyers ?
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

VBull, it's difficult to say what effect the colour will have. Nibbs did make a few of the early stocks in that rose colour, but you don't see many of the new models in the same shade. However it should not be a deal breaker to a sensible buyer; there are always compromises when buying second hand. I could live with the colour to get a good barrel and stock.

Rutty,

Is that Tim Finley's article from the Rifleman? It's useful, but I say that as he blatantly plagiarised posts I made on the Stir ton forum; at points he copied me verbatim. I'm still waiting for a response from the editor.

Is that Tim Finley's article from the Rifleman? It's useful, but I say that as he blatantly plagiarised posts I made on the Stir ton forum; at points he copied me verbatim. I'm still waiting for a response from the editor.
    Yes it is Tim. I now include it as background material on new members courses, I shall credit you in future!

Rut

Thanks for the file Tim, appreciate it.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Does he still have the original stock? If so it might sell better by listing the Gemini stock separately. The problem is that he wont get the money, because as been said, it is a bit pricey and too fiddly for a beginner's purchase. List for anywhere near a thousand and any prospective purchaser will be comparing it with buying new, where there are no questions about its history. Whereas an established shooter looking to upgrade their own rifle will be willing to pay for the stock.

If you do have the original stock and price it right, £200 - £400 depending on model, age, condition and what comes with it, it will sell. The mistake I see all the time is .22 target rifles massively over priced because the seller, who bought it 30 years ago, looks at the current prices, goes wow! Mine was the top model when I bought it and now the top model is over £2000, so mine must be worth at least half that! So you see them on dealers shelves, being sold on commission, at ridiculous prices and just gathering dust. On top of this is is to find that the sights are missing and it is going to cost more than the rifle is worth to replace them.

Have you got all the missing bits? I can't see the buttpad or rear sights. These together can easily cost £350 to replace.
    The rifle is not the latest 'wizzy' all aluminum stock and looks quite dated in comparison. In my opinion the stock is worth about £450and the action about £250-£350 assuming you have the sights and a buttpad.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by andrew375 View Post
    Does he still have the original stock?
    Andrew,

It's quite possible that there isn't an original stock. That Gemini stock was made about twenty years ago; around '98 Nibbs changed the grip to a true thumbhole, quite possibly after the UIT ditched 50m Standard rifle for Sport rifle. If the barrel is a 1913, it could well have been bought as a barrel/action specifically for that stock, not as a complete rifle. As Nibbs brought back select barrel/actions from Anschutz it may even have been bought as a package.

I quite agree about optimistic pricing, especially from dealers.

Edit: just looked at the updated photos, with two rearsights, foresight, and the gubbins, that would make a good deal.

VBull, if your mate is willing to sell the spare wooden but section separately, I would be interested.
    Last edited by tim s; 08-06-2017 at 07:15 PM.