Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the Webley Premier the best shooting of their blued pistols?

Stoeger Webleys:

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I have various Mk1s, Seniors and a couple of Premiers.

I really try hard to like the Seniors to shoot but find the triggers rather disappointing. They also need more effort to cock than the Premiers.

My favourite is my "A" stamped Premier - easy to cock and accurate whilst retaining all of the Webley quality. In my opinion the natural evolution of the original design. The "E" stamped Premier I have is just as good a performer but I prefer the looks and uncompromised build quality of the "A".

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello,

The Stoeger models were stamped accordingly.

Brian
    Never have seen one, I was surprised at my first gun show to see only one blued Webley given there were 70 tables. Here it tends to be modern stuff or Daisy "toy" type rifles so popular here when I was growing up. It's a pretty small group that seems to be after the quality vintage examples. But if it were easy it won't be fun. I did see one table with a Webley Mark 2 Service and a BSA Military with "I don't want to sell it" prices. But at least I got to hold the Webley. But to come away with one gun is worth the trip.
    Last edited by 45flint; 08-06-2017 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Never have seen one, I was surprised at my first gun show to see only one blued Webley given there were 70 tables. Here it tends to be modern stuff or Daisy "toy" type rifles so popular here when I was growing up. It's a pretty small group that seems to be after the quality vintage examples. But if it were easy it won't be fun. I did see one table with a Webley Mark 2 Service and a BSA Military with "I don't want to sell it" prices. But at least I got to hold the Webley. But to come away with one gun is worth the trip.
    Webley Mk2 Services usually fetch around £400 in this country unless in .25 calibre which can add another £100 or so due to their relative rarity. As the barrels are interchangeable on these rifles, it's quite important to collectors that the Ser No stamped on the barrel matches that stamped on the receiver. BSA Military Patterns however are nearer the £2000-£3000 mark if you can find one.

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 08-06-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Webley Mk2 Services usually fetch around £400 in this country unless in .25 calibre which can add another £100 or so due to their relative rarity. As the barrels are interchangeable on these rifles, it's quite important to collectors that the Ser No stamped on the barrel matches that stamped on the receiver. BSA Military Patterns however are nearer the £2000-£3000 mark if you can find one.

Brian
    He had $3500 on the BSA so maybe it was not as bad as I thought? He said it may be the only one in thus country, couldn't argue, boy it was cool looking.
    Last edited by 45flint; 08-06-2017 at 03:29 PM.

Hello,

The Stoeger models were stamped accordingly.

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    He had $3500 on the BSA so maybe it was not as bad as I thought? He said it may be the only one in thus country, couldn't argue, boy it was cool looking.
    Interestingly, neither the Mk2 Service or BSA Military Pattern were ever officially adopted for training by the military, but BSA did supply a Gun Laying Trainer based on the underlever rifle which was used for artillery training.

Still cool looking rifles though and the tenuous military link only adds to their attraction.

Brian