Thread: Pics of Haenel Factory in the 1930s

Pics of Haenel Factory in the 1930s

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Great images. I like Haenels, somewhat less well made than M and G imo, but innovative.

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    Great images. I like Haenels, somewhat less well made than M and G imo, but innovative.
    Proof of what you say here, although I can't say for sure what the relative price points were without looking it up - but I said in that post that both were around 32 Reichmarks.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    I have only collected pistols and I don't really find anything equivalent to the Haenel 28 in the Diana line prewar. Two very different companies looks like Diana started making airguns and it was their main business till WW2 made them a gun parts manufacturer. Haenel was a arms maker that made airguns as well.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Exactly the model I was thinking of

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Proof of what you say here, although I can't say for sure what the relative price points were without looking it up - but I said in that post that both were around 32 Reichmarks.

Wonder if they had a different standard for their pistols. I have a 1930's Schmeisser designed Haenel 25 acp auto pistol of the finest quality, same with the 28? Compares with the best Colt of the period.