Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Rare Opportunity to Acquire a Beautiful ‘Pair’ of Mark 2 Airsporters, 0.177 & 0.22

A Rare Opportunity to Acquire a Beautiful ‘Pair’ of Mark 2 Airsporters, 0.177 & 0.22

SOLD, THANKYOU.

These are the two jewels in my small collection and were always to be my keepers. However, when I consider that I have only taken them out to clean them a couple of times in the last year, I have decided that they would be better appreciated by someone else who has more opportunity to use and/or display them.

They are not absolutely mint - as might be expected from guns that first saw the light of day 60 years ago and which have both been used to hit the now famous Springer Bash Quigley Bucket on more than one occasion - but they are both lovely examples in great condition and I have seen no better advertised anywhere in the last 20 years.

The 0.177 example is a full-length Mark 2 - not a Club - and therefore somewhat rarer, (because of course we all bought the man’s calibre in the mid ‘50’s!) The original owner from whom I bought it, told me it was one of just 10 produced to special order, with a high standard of finish and higher grade stock, for Gamages in London. I have confirmation with John Knibbs that it was indeed shipped to Gamages, but they were were unable to corroborate further.

Both guns are unmolested and the 0.177 at least is believed to never have been stripped. (I don’t think the 0.22 has either, but could not swear to it). They have retained all their blueing and the etching on the cylinders is crisp and clear. The stocks have the odd mark from handling (nothing that would not come out with a light steam) but are not cracked. Both have the original foresight hoods.

Mark 2’s of this quality do not come up for sale very often, particularly the full length 0.177.

I am selling them as a pair for £800 and at that price will deliver/meet in person within 150 miles of Manchester. (I will expect a small deposit to be paid up front to at least cover my fuel costs.)

I will include F.O.C. a good selection of several thousand pellets to suit both guns and a slip for each (or a double Flambeau hard case which will hold both guns for an extra £30 - if not required, this will be offered separately at £50).

I will not post guns of this value/rarity, so please do not ask.

I firmly believe in following the forum guidelines, so first to post unequivocally on thread that they will take them, gets them. (By all means pm if you are shy, but if someone else posts on thread in the meantime, they will get first refusal.)

Pictures below. If you don't have a Dropbox account, just scroll to the bottom of the login screen and click "No thanks, continue to view".

Picture 1
    Picture 2
    Picture 3
    Picture 4
    Picture 5
    Picture 6
    Picture 7
    Picture 8
    Picture 9
    Picture 10
    Picture 11
    Picture 12
    Picture 13
    Picture 14
    Picture 15
    Last edited by Airsporter1st; 13-06-2017 at 06:27 PM.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

what a lovely pair,good luck with your sale mate

I will take these , please.

You also have a PM

What a fantastic pair of guns - to my mind, one of the loveliest designs ever

Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    I will take these , please.

You also have a PM
    Sold to Sam99, subject to payment.

PM replied to.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Payment received, thank you very much.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.

March is offline Kind, benevolent, drives a Lamborghini
    That was a blast from the past. An Airsporter was my first ever airgun. They look superb, I'm sure the new owner will be very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by March View Post
    That was a blast from the past. An Airsporter was my first ever airgun. They look superb, I'm sure the new owner will be very happy.
    I agree. It took a lot of soul searching for me to put them up for sale and I'm already feeling pangs of regret!

However, my son has already told me he is not interested in inheriting them, so I had visions of them in the hands of some house clearance cowboy. Much better to know that they are in the care of someone who will look after them as I have. Having come to that decision, it was a case of 'no time like the present'.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.

Stunning pair

Beautiful example of BSA's finest hours.

You could have photographed them on a more presentable surface! That rug is dreadful

Are you going to change your username to Airsporter1ast?

I'm just jealous.....
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    Beautiful example of BSA's finest hours.

You could have photographed them on a more presentable surface! That rug is dreadful

Are you going to change your username to Airsporter1ast?

I'm just jealous.....
    You're right about the rug - I'm a better airgun shot than I am at shooting pictures.

My son is going to keep my very first Airsporter, which is the basis of my username, because he does have a sentimental attachment to that one, so the username will remain - although it could then be Airsporter1ast as you suggest
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.

Chippendale is online now Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Lovely guns, simple but beautiful style, unfortunately my first Airsporter was stolen along with my sons Meteor, took me ages to get my next MKI which I have told my son its his when I've done shooting and collecting, he can do what he wants with the rest.

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    I agree. It took a lot of soul searching for me to put them up for sale and I'm already feeling pangs of regret!

However, my son has already told me he is not interested in inheriting them, so I had visions of them in the hands of some house clearance cowboy. Much better to know that they are in the care of someone who will look after them as I have. Having come to that decision, it was a case of 'no time like the present'.
    Hi Paul,

Must admit I'm not sure I would have parted with these rifles, had I been lucky enough to own just one of them. They truly are magnificent and the small provenance you have with one enhances the interest IMHO.

It would be very hard to find better examples but I fully understand your reasons for selling.

Kind regards,

John

Thanks John . I'm missing them already.

However, they've gone to a good home.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Thanks John . I'm missing them already.

However, they've gone to a good home.
    They will be fine Paul----Just need a bit of an Old style tune up, Ox spring, WD40, bolt on Silencer, some Prometheus Pellets and the stocks in Camo
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm

I am up for adoption, if you need anyone to inherit your guns....
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut