Thread: Walther LP53 - identifying adjustable trigger

Walther LP53 - identifying adjustable trigger

I've got a 1958 Walther LP53, what I'd like to know is whether this has the adjustable trigger.

With the pistol cocked and looking down at the 'top' of the trigger I can see what looks like a slotted screw head, is this the adjustment?

Also does it make much of a difference to the value?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Discocom View Post
    I've got a 1958 Walther LP53, what I'd like to know is whether this has the adjustable trigger.

With the pistol cocked and looking down at the 'top' of the trigger I can see what looks like a slotted screw head, is this the adjustment?

thanks
    Yes, that sounds like the adjustment screw, I think the first 25,000 had it? I doubt that it ads that much value. Its condition that makes the difference. And having box and all the sight pieces, cocking aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Discocom View Post

thanks
    Thanks for the info, mine is sn 27,167 so maybe first 30,000 had it, I've got the box (tatty), cocking tool and two front sights and one rear sight. Pistol is in very good condition apart from where the paint has rubbed away on the barrel. I had thought about trying to refinish it but decided to leave it 'as is'.

It's an old friend now, as I've owned it for over 30 years!!!