As posted by Dr_C elsewhere

Apologies for not getting this up sooner.
I honestly can't remember much about this shoot other than the weather was lovely and it was a tad breezy. Forty pegs, shot to Cambridge rules, set by Messrs Rawlings, Pearce, Deeks and Smart there were a few "interesting" shots, requiring patience, timing, patience, and timing. Lots of interesting tin animals to shoot at, leading to some llama drama; Arthur dropped four, because he refused to shoot giraffes.

Open class:

Simon Jones 71 GREEN

Finn Cochrane 68

Jill Cochrane 67

Martin Slane 66

Andy Ireland 64

Chris Boulton 63

Mike Carney 59

Colin Bass 56

Graham Bass 48

Jason Bass 44

Recoiling class:

Gary Chillingworth 69

Wayne Pearce 67

Chris Wells 64

Paul Burt 60

Stuart Smart 60

Jake Day 59

Rex Bennet 56

Andy Day 55

David Allibone 53

.22 class:

Jeff Westley 72

Matt Mousley 71

Stu Deeks 68

Matt Rawlings 60

Dave Sainty 50

Junior class:

Lara Jones 51

Arthur Wells 49

Veteran class:

Mick Salmon 50

The post shoot barbie was fantastic, an explosion of meat, coated in various exotic fluids. Rex's barbecue sauce comes highly recomended, it's a pity I can't remeber the ingredients.
The alcohol flowed freely, and there was much loosening of tongues. I would tell tales if I could recollect them, but by the end of the evening it was all a vague blur. Remind me not to look at the pictures folder on Rex's phone.
Arthur was sneaking around in the dark, Lara was having a disco in her tent and Wayne went to bed at a sensible time. Followed shortly by Mr Jones, after reminding himself why he gave up smoking in the first place.
Top drinkers of the evening went to Stuart Deeks and Matt Rawlings; Stuart winning on countback. Matt gets an honourable mention for his cherry flavoured scotch. I think it was scotch.
As I lay sweating in my sleeping bag, trying to block out the cacophany of snoring, I reflected that next year I would bring a bigger tent, and some earplugs. In the snoring competition, there were no overall winners, but Rex's deep sonorous drone is worth a mention, also Matt's apnoeic pauses. Some people slept in their vehicles instead of a tent, the sonic insulation must have been very welcome.
The small creatures woke us up bright and early at 5:30am, ready for the next days shooting...

C.