Thread: Almost bought a Diana mod 3!!

Red face Almost bought a Diana mod 3!!

Until I Googled them and found a thread on here explaining they weren't German made, I was going to view it tonight at 199hrs, I've decided against buying it now

Thanks for saving me!!

The price is £45, The last Chinese (S2) break barrel pistol I bought was like new but wouldn't push pellets out of the muzzle!!, It was only a fiver though!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Aye up John, funny that, I was at Elsecar fair on Sunday, a mate of mine stands there every time there is an antique fair, called in to just have a browse around and when he got to this stall he had Milbro Mod 16 dated feb 72 in very good nick, it was the third gun I ever owned and at £35 notes couldn't resist it. A lot later than my original of course but still couldn't resist.

Cheers

Mel

Hi Mel .. The wee Milbro Diana model 16 was one of the first air rifles I ever fired when I was about 11 years old... That and the slightly more substantial Model 23 with the solid steel barrel.
    I picked up one fairly recently which needs a bit of a refurb but it's basically in not bad nick.

The cocking lever, breech detente mechanism is quite ingenious I think and suits the wee gun perfectly .. I think mine is of 1963 manufacture ... As you may know four numbers are usually punched/ teeped into the top part of the butt above the 'ribs', but don't always survive over the years if the gun has been roughly stood on it's end, frequently.
    Hope you enjoy rekindling fond memories with it.

Missed you at the June Bash btw.
    A' the Best,
    Graeme

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Aye up John, funny that, I was at Elsecar fair on Sunday, a mate of mine stands there every time there is an antique fair, called in to just have a browse around and when he got to this stall he had Milbro Mod 16 dated feb 72 in very good nick, it was the third gun I ever owned and at £35 notes couldn't resist it. A lot later than my original of course but still couldn't resist.

Cheers

Mel
    Sounded like something of a bargain Mel

My first gun was a lovely shiny Webley Junior rifle (May have been smoothbore as it came with some darts too), I accidentallyt shot my dad in the bum with it and never laid eyes on it again

Got an almighty hiding though

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/