Thread: Weight of Feinwerkbau ssps.

Weight of Feinwerkbau ssps.

Sorry. I should have specified PISTOLS in the title. Not interested in the rifles.

Yes, I know it's all out there on the internet

Except that it isn't.

I have spent a long time trying to find the specifications and failed.

So could somebody please tell me the approximate weights of these?

I assume the LP 102 is heavier than the 100 because of the second lever. I assume the LP103 is heavier than the 100 because of the longer lever.

But I would be satisfied if somebody could tell me how much any of them weighs, so that I can make my own estimates of the other two.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

You will find these in the FWB website under manuals for former models, Arthur

I'll certainly try again Drew but I don't recall them specifying weight.
    Arthur

Fwb SSP pistol weights

Hi Arthur, get in touch with IJ on here. He has examples of all three and would be able to help you as regards to weight of each. Hope this helps 😁

Hi Arthur

From the 103 manual: 1140g with cocking lever and 975g without.

The 100-102 manual does not have the same detailed specifications.

HTH

Paul

unverified information here : http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Feinwerkbau_103/1419

Vic Thompson.

Thanks a lot lads.

I did finally come across the LP 103 manual that specifies weight. About 2.5 lb.

More difficult to get data for the LP100 and 102, but knowing what the 103 weighs is good enough for me.

They appear to be in the same sort of weight category as the FWB 65/80 ie. heavy.
    Arthur

Fwb103

Hi Arthur, just weighed mine(on accurate scales), 1140g with lever, 990g without,
    John.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

Fwb103

Much lower sightline than 65/80 &a better balanced as well imo. Love my 103.
    John.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Arthur

If you are looking for light-ish "classic" then there is little choice, most if not all of that period were at least around that heavy-ish weight, the only exception is the FAS 604.

One of the best modern options for a quality lighter pistol is the Steyr LP2 compact.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thanks Robin.

Yes, the LP2 looks quite tidy.

It only comes with one cylinder though, and if you buy a second, you're getting into LP10 compact territory.

Or Morini short territory.

Have you ever been able to compare either of these to the LP2?
    Arthur

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    I've shot LP10's, but not the Morini, personally I think the LP 2 compact is a quality piece and the ideal smaller person/old fart/juniors pistol, at one time we had getting on for ten of them in our club, including all the above categories, all compacts, and several of our Juniors were GB squad as well as one senior, all using LP 2 shorts. One of our members a couple of years back won the British Championships with one.

The LP2 is light, but also beautifully balanced as standard, to me weighting it up defeats the object, just get a full length one.

The LP 10 is a superb pistol but it does have one failing in that the trigger reach on the shortest reach is often too long for small hands with both mechanical and electronic. A single cylinder is adequate as long as you have access to bulk cylinder which you do at most clubs and you can get a full 60 shot match course and sighters easily from a full cylinder.

If you want a classic, and an SSP then accept that they are all heavy. I think the LPM 1 is the best, but its b****y heavy, the only light one is the FAS 604 which is capable of matching any pistol.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thanks Robin.
    Arthur