Thread: Weight of Feinwerkbau ssps.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Robin.

Yes, the LP2 looks quite tidy.

It only comes with one cylinder though, and if you buy a second, you're getting into LP10 compact territory.

Or Morini short territory.

Have you ever been able to compare either of these to the LP2?
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    I've shot LP10's, but not the Morini, personally I think the LP 2 compact is a quality piece and the ideal smaller person/old fart/juniors pistol, at one time we had getting on for ten of them in our club, including all the above categories, all compacts, and several of our Juniors were GB squad as well as one senior, all using LP 2 shorts. One of our members a couple of years back won the British Championships with one.

The LP2 is light, but also beautifully balanced as standard, to me weighting it up defeats the object, just get a full length one.

The LP 10 is a superb pistol but it does have one failing in that the trigger reach on the shortest reach is often too long for small hands with both mechanical and electronic. A single cylinder is adequate as long as you have access to bulk cylinder which you do at most clubs and you can get a full 60 shot match course and sighters easily from a full cylinder.

If you want a classic, and an SSP then accept that they are all heavy. I think the LPM 1 is the best, but its b****y heavy, the only light one is the FAS 604 which is capable of matching any pistol.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thanks Robin.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.