Thread: EV2 cylinder removal........

scoobyone Guest

EV2 cylinder removal........

hi all,

how easy is to remove the EV2 cylinder???? is it like the S4X0 series, where all it requires is to turn by hand???? or is it more complicated, ie the regulator/gauge/leveler assembly????????

any tips?

many tks, brgds

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Pro targ basically just unscrews same as a 400, EV2 is based on the same gun
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Slingswivel Guest
    Depends on how old yours is, since some time last year the cylinders on the EV have been tightened much harder than the 400/410 and cant be un-done by hand.

I agree with what slingsswivel is saying. Recently changed my protarget from full length to carbine the end block unscrewed faily easily but removing the cyinder from the reg was difficlt. It was very tight. Cylinder had to go in the vice and it was still v hard to unscrew. If you have to put your cylinder in a vice cover it with electrical tape to stop it marking and be very careful how tight you do it up.
    Steyr LG110 hunter BUSHNELL ELITE 4200 6-24X40 MIL-DOT
    SHUT UP LEGS!!!!

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    Its a pain in the bleeding bottom - literally :-) If your not careful, you can easily unscrew the cylinder, the reg and the firing valve assembly all in one go - trust me, I have done it. Not a great problem if you know what your doing and remember to put all the bits back in the right order. Best way to do it is to separate the reg and cylinder from the main body, and try to hold the reg end in a suitable vice without marking the thread - I used a baby boa (plastic wrench) to hold mine in the vice. It is wise to replace the o-rings at both ends of the cylinder as well.

Personally, if there is no real need for taking the cylinder off, I wouldn't bother - it will invalidate your warranty for one, can be a bitch to get off and will result in a mental break down if it leaks afterwards (yep, it happened to me, but I am ace and I fixed it all by my self;-)

Lee
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

scoobyone Guest
    tks for the advice.