Thread: Zenit pistol

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Zenit pistol

I bought one of these overlever pistols years ago and quite liked the looks of it. It was missing the endcap and I managed to get one from a scrap gun on here when I asked for one.

Someone added this advice

"Don't forget to duck!

A word of warning about the Zenit - the end cap is only held on by a crude sort of bayonet fitting with a shallow locating spur to stop accidental rotation and the natural twisting action of the spring after repeated cocking can loosen it. It has been known for the end cap to fly off when the gun is at full cock. If you happen to be sighting the target at the time this happens, you can use your imagination as to the result.

My advice is don't use it unless you drill and pin it yourself. (This problem was appreciated by Milbro when they made their Diana 4 copy, and they used a belt-and-bracers approach - pinning the breech plug and also extending the cocking lever to wrap over it). "

After tinkering with the gun for a bit and plinkng with it (I preferred it to a G4 but it was still pretty crappy accuracy wise), one day it happened--the end cap flew off
    Luckily it missed my eyes and teeth, but hit my cheek, took a deflection and flew over the yard wall and to the other side of the entry! About 14 feet I reckoned
    After that I sold it quite cheaply to a collector on here.
    I miss the looks of the thing but it is one I'm quite pleased someone else is getting the "enjoyment" of ownership of.

I thought it was worth putting up the warnings again

Ps--I remembered this one as well.

THE HENDRICKSON NAD SPLATTERER

Somebody I know had a Beeman pistol and for some strange reason, after having a bath, decided to do his best Robert DeNiro in taxi driver, standing in his shreddies, saying "Are you talking to me?". He then decided to fire the pistol at a piece of wood he had in the bedroom. Unfortunately, the ricochet hit him in the testicles, accompanied by a sickening "THWACK".
    This person still has both his testicles and has recently bought a rough BSA SCORPION/ Hendrickson Nad splatterer mk2, to tune up so he can maybe repeat the procedure.
    It is always funnier when it happens to someone else.
    Last edited by ggggr; 16-06-2017 at 08:32 AM.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

I bought one a couple of years ago just to add to the collection. It's in nice original shape. Unique design. Not that great a shooting pistol but I put my thumb over the end cap when I shoot it. Doesn't do much for accuracy but helps when thinking of the above story.