Thread: TX200 Tony Leach conversion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    russian sniper is offline 1982 Sausage roll and cider gargling regional finalist

Question TX200 Tony Leach conversion

Saw a YouTube video of Neil (on here) fitting and testing a 22mm conversion to his tx200

Thought I'd ask if anyone else had done the conversion and if they had any more info on it??

Cheers
    Daz

Was considering it but from what I can make of it they're a bit of an aquired taste, bit marmite'ish...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

russian sniper is offline 1982 Sausage roll and cider gargling regional finalist
    Have you fired one with a conversion mate?
    Most of the stuff I've read about them seems very promising??

Ask Neil mate. I believe he's had a problem with it.

Thanks mate - have sent Neil a pm

Cheers
    Daz

hi, how much do they cost, atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by russian sniper View Post
    Have you fired one with a conversion mate?
    Most of the stuff I've read about them seems very promising??
    No I can't say I have, I was looking into possibly having something done to my 'TXhc' but I'm sure I'd heard it mentioned that once converted they were a not to everyone's liking, a bit snappy or something, apparently people were converting them back to the original spec's, I can't remember exactly what was said now, anyhow I decided against it in the end...

Of course I could be barking up the wrong tree altogether, I look into so many things that it may have been about something else entirely...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

The work and tuning that have gone into making a good gun very good is very interesting
    I like to learn as much as I can about what works and what doesn't
    It looks like the small diameter tunes really do make a difference

Daz

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    No I can't say I have, I was looking into possibly having something done to my 'TXhc' but I'm sure I'd heard it mentioned that once converted they were a not to everyone's liking, a bit snappy or something, apparently people were converting them back to the original spec's, I can't remember exactly what was said now, anyhow I decided against it in the end...

Of course I could be barking up the wrong tree altogether, I look into so many things that it may have been about something else entirely...
    Remembering that the HC will need slightly more swept volume / higher available spring force to achieve the same power.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Remembering that the HC will need slightly more swept volume / higher available spring force to achieve the same power.
    Probably just gonna get a 'Tbt' guide kit for it at some point but to be honest with the way it's shooting at the moment I may not even bother with that, I'm certainly in no hurry to fiddle about with it that's for sure...

When shooting 'Falcon accuracy +/JSB Exact RS' the felt recoil barely even registers, that ole saying of 'if it ain't broke then don't fix it ' sounds good to me...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Quote Originally Posted by russian sniper View Post
    Saw a YouTube video of Neil (on here) fitting and testing a 22mm conversion to his tx200

Thought I'd ask if anyone else had done the conversion and if they had any more info on it??

Cheers
    Daz

From what was visible on Neil`s video it did not look or sound any different to the rifle he compared it with. ( can`t remember what that was exactly) I think you could spend a great deal of money on conversions (of any type) for very little extra return. But, perhaps that`s just my cynicism.