Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TX200 Tony Leach conversion

Quote Originally Posted by prosport.177 View Post
    I can not comment on Neil's rifle as I have never shot it.

All I know is my 22mm full bodied ally piston has fired 1000s of shots with no problem..

Not sure on Tony s system of 22mm but guess it's on o rings, and has no piston body, neil will know more about his conversion.
    I had not realised neil had had issues with it,
    Hopefully neil will be able to let some more light onto what went on.
    As for cost no idea..
    I made my own ,)
    what spring you using ?
    that seems to be the weak point on many small dia tunes

If this is the TX that was "reviewed" before Tony got a chance to reply to his concerns much less sort it out then I'd take it with a pinch of salt. From what I understand the TX's have very little recoil after conversion and it makes them much smoother to fire.

Not tried one but after paying £170 for my Diana 52 conversion I can say I've been happy so far. If you are interested in hearing from other owners the Lost Volume group on Facebook is a good start. HCs don't do well due to the short barrel not making power. As far as I know NickG has a different method to Tonly.

I have one of tony's 22mm conversions. Very soft to cock, quick action, minimal recoil and you can hold sight picture no problem. I'm very happy with it.
    Once you have a go with a converted one you will want one

hi, how can i get hold of tony, as im not on f/b. atb mick

[QUOTE=hmangphilly;7282541]what spring you using ?
    that seems to be the weak point on many

Titan 11
    18.8 dia

[QUOTE=prosport.177;7282640]
    Quote Originally Posted by hmangphilly View Post
    what spring you using ?
    that seems to be the weak point on many

Titan 11
    18.8 dia
    excellent .does it make full power ?

this one ......No. 11 18.8 12.8 3 31 230.....?

with any preload ?
    Last edited by hmangphilly; 19-06-2017 at 11:24 AM.

I have been using No 11, in my 21 & 22mm tunes , I have had 2 break, but have had others still running after many thousands of shots so could be a manufacturing problem, ie springs from different batches , having said that I have also had a aa mk2 spring fail in the past. My kit uses full ally o ring piston with rear bearing.
    On another note I have just returned to a previous project 23mm, and applied a different approach, this has a steel full piston and utilises the standard mk 3 spring , it shoots well at short distances I now need to get it into a target stock to see if its any good at 55 yds .

Yep full power with 8.4 jsb
    I can't remember if there was a great deal of pre load 20mm ish!
    It completely depends on how you set piston up, how much shoulder at nose you use etc..
    I run a 22 seal and not o rings also..

Nick g uses o rings and his conversions do fire beautifully,

If you can get to a bash meet shoot his rifles and see for your selve,
    Tony s conversions are there to.
    Wonky donkey etc
    Shot cycle is a personal thing, and to ones it's smooth like snapping glass, to the nxt at it's fast, harsh..
    You really need to shoot a few different conversions to see which if any suit ..
    To be honest I really like my 25mm ally piston one the best, yep sure it has more sight movement, bit more recoil, but accuracy is spot on..

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    I have been using No 11, in my 21 & 22mm tunes , I have had 2 break, but have had others still running after many thousands of shots so could be a manufacturing problem, ie springs from different batches , having said that I have also had a aa mk2 spring fail in the past. My kit uses full ally o ring piston with rear bearing.
    On another note I have just returned to a previous project 23mm, and applied a different approach, this has a steel full piston and utilises the standard mk 3 spring , it shoots well at short distances I now need to get it into a target stock to see if its any good at 55 yds .
    Yeah, I like my 23mm - much more cost effective conversion as the existing piston and rod can be used, with just a turned down HW seal on a new nose (same rod as a mk3, saving more costs - when you add the nose (+5mm) and HW seal (+6mm), you shave 11mm off the 98mm stroke, so 87mm - great at 23mm bore. Mine's been running for 2 years now without issues - but then I don't shoot that much

I also like the fact that your 22mm is full boddied / has a piston bearing.

I too use the titan #11
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Yeah, I like my 23mm - much more cost effective conversion as the existing piston and rod can be used, with just a turned down HW seal on a new nose (same rod as a mk3, saving more costs - when you add the nose (+5mm) and HW seal (+6mm), you shave 11mm off the 98mm stroke, so 87mm - great at 23mm bore. Mine's been running for 2 years now without issues - but then I don't shoot that much

I also like the fact that your 22mm is full boddied / has a piston bearing.

I too use the titan #11
    My 23mm was something I tried a few years back now I fabricated the piston from some galvanised pipe, it started of at 79mm stroke with a titan no 9, heavy to cock but blisteringly fast , I now have it at 85mm stroke 180 grams , and a mark 3 spring, it cocks nicely, and is a much softer cycle , need to see if its up to snuff as an FT weapon, oh and its an o ring of course, Having tried two 22mm skirtless tunes I believe the full skirt with minimal rear bearing has less friction due to the better support , and they shoot much nicer in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelking View Post
    If this is the TX that was "reviewed" before Tony got a chance to reply to his concerns much less sort it out then I'd take it with a pinch of salt. From what I understand the TX's have very little recoil after conversion and it makes them much smoother to fire.

Not tried one but after paying £170 for my Diana 52 conversion I can say I've been happy so far. If you are interested in hearing from other owners the Lost Volume group on Facebook is a good start. HCs don't do well due to the short barrel not making power. As far as I know NickG has a different method to Tonly.
    I love it when people who actually dont know the story love to assume things. However I will not qualify what you think you know with a full response as you clearly like to jump to conclusions anyway - no shortage of folks like that.

In short. there was an issue with the gun - it was sorted on site. A bit of a communication break down then Tony has been very very helpful and indeed very keen to get to the bottom of any issues.

I really couldn't care less what you think you know or what you think happened. I am open and honest - everyone who knows me knows. I dont make stuff up or lie or assume. As for my reviews - I pay with my own money for the stuff Ihave done - that allows me to be honest about stuff. I dont have to try and stay on anyones good side - I can just tell it like it is. You carry on talking about stuff you haven't got the first idea about fella - everyone at the springer bash knows exactly what happened. Thanks for your time
    Last edited by neil180; 19-06-2017 at 06:09 PM.
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Considering you were the one slagging Tony off all over the internet (or at least the AA forums) because he wasn't at your beck and call over a weekend I'd say its you who should be dealing with facts here. If you recall the whole sorry episode played out in public on the group so I'd say I'm as well informed as anyone.

It's people like you that make tuners wonder 'why bother?'

Quick question - have you done anything to make up for the review or indicated to people there is more to come when its sorted as you promised? Based on that do you think it unfair to ask the OP takes your initial review with a pinch of salt?

Own money or not, give the man a chance to fix it before dragging his name through the mud otherwise you just come across as pissy. Telling it how it is is fine but only when you're telling the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by russian sniper View Post
    Have you fired one with a conversion mate?
    Most of the stuff I've read about them seems very promising??
    No I can't say I have, I was looking into possibly having something done to my 'TXhc' but I'm sure I'd heard it mentioned that once converted they were a not to everyone's liking, a bit snappy or something, apparently people were converting them back to the original spec's, I can't remember exactly what was said now, anyhow I decided against it in the end...

Of course I could be barking up the wrong tree altogether, I look into so many things that it may have been about something else entirely...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

russian sniper is offline 1982 Sausage roll and cider gargling regional finalist
    The work and tuning that have gone into making a good gun very good is very interesting
    I like to learn as much as I can about what works and what doesn't
    It looks like the small diameter tunes really do make a difference

Daz

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    No I can't say I have, I was looking into possibly having something done to my 'TXhc' but I'm sure I'd heard it mentioned that once converted they were a not to everyone's liking, a bit snappy or something, apparently people were converting them back to the original spec's, I can't remember exactly what was said now, anyhow I decided against it in the end...

Of course I could be barking up the wrong tree altogether, I look into so many things that it may have been about something else entirely...
    Remembering that the HC will need slightly more swept volume / higher available spring force to achieve the same power.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!